All reviews the executive lounge business trip hongqiao airport club floor taxi ride bit dated other hotels indoor pool japanese restaurant buffet breakfast very nice hotel shopping mall noodles special thanks five star hotel metro station evian
Reviewed 4 January 2017

I stayed there for 5 nights with my spouse and son. As my spouse is on business trip, it is mostly my son and I in the hotel in the day time.

I think the hotel is not new and some of the facilities seems a little tired. However, the rooms (most important) seems to be recently renovated and is very clean.

There is a small heated pool. The temperature is just right and my son and I enjoyed swimming there. I noted that whenever we use the pool, a staff member will be present (life guard) which I think is very thoughtful.

There is also a table tennis court which my son and I play.

Our hotel stay comes with breakfast for a single adult. My son is charged a 'child rate' each time we eat there. The breakfast buffet spread is decent with a wide selection. The staff seems very helpful and eager to please. Although I am only there for a short stay, they seemed to remember my son and I and we were seated at the same table each morning.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
RenaissanceYangtze, General Manager at Renaissance Shanghai Yangtze Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Dear Woon T:

We very much appreciate the valuable review regarding your recent stays at the Renaissance Shanghai Yangtze Hotel. We thank you for your encouragement given to our associates working in our hotel’s Health Club and BLD restaurant. Your positive comments are motivating further our associates.
In the meantime, to continually upgrade our guest experience, we are progressively updating the hotel’s facilities. We wish you will discover something wonderfully new when you stay at our hotel next time.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel for business since its nearby one of the major business districts in Shanghai. Great service as what you'd expect from a 5 star hotel. Liked CC bar found at the lobby of the hotel. Great live band performances and service by the staff Petra, Vivian, and Alice. VIP lounge service is excellent as usual. Nice food variations.

Trip type: Travelled on business
RenaissanceYangtze, General Manager at Renaissance Shanghai Yangtze Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Dear Marlon B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience in our hotel’s CC Bar during your recent stay in our hotel.
We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed the our great live band performance in the CC Bar. The CC bar offers live entertainment presented by our four talented ladies’ Orange Band singing to our guests’ delights every night except Sundays. We have passed on your positive comments to Vivian, Petra, Alice and the Club Lounge team, they are delighted to know that you enjoyed their service. Your comments are motivating them further to keep improving our service to our guests. Thank you very much for your encouragement.

Reviewed 28 December 2016

I stayed here on Business for 2 weeks and I am very Happy with the services they offer . The Hotel has a very friendly front desk who will always treat you with a friendly smile. The Food, Room, Location are all brilliant. The Hotel charges are a little on higher side but considering the services they offer are justified.

Room tip: Stay on Higher floor for a good city view
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
RenaissanceYangtze, General Manager at Renaissance Shanghai Yangtze Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2016

Dear Mudit S

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your two week’s stay in Renaissance Shanghai Yangtze Hotel.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your two weeks stay in our hotel. Our hotel has indeed a great location next to shopping and entertainment areas, restaurants and many business addresses. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed the very friendly service and smiles provided by our Front Desk associates, our guest rooms and the food quality served. We have passed on to all our associates concerned your positive comments and appreciation about their service and the entire team is delighted with your recognition.

Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

This is a good hotel for business travel. Easy access to major high way, HongQiao airport and the subway lines. Walk 10 min to line 10 and 15 min to line 2. The staff members are very helpful. A lot of good Japanese restaurants around the hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Loretta X,

Thank you for your positive comments about our Renaissance Shanghai Yangtze Hotel. Your review regarding your recent the stay is very important to us.
As you mentioned, our hotel is ideally located in Hongqiao CBD area with easy access to Hongqiao airport and railway station. There are shopping malls such as L'AVENUE, The Place and Parkson nearby where you can sip, savor, shop and see within walking distance. Whether you are travelling for business or leisure, our hotel is always a nice choice to be your home away from home.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 December 2016

I stayed in Yangtze Renaissance Shanghai since 2004, it's been my most preferred hotel in Shanghai. Its great location, room and club always attracts me to come back.
In recent several months, I stayed there at least 6 times, each time I need to send or receive express packages, the concierge staffs are very friendly and always be helpful

• Trip type: Travelled on business
RenaissanceYangtze, General Manager at Renaissance Shanghai Yangtze Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

Dear Gary L,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your past stays in Renaissance Shanghai Yangtze Hotel.

We are delighted to know that our hotel is your most preferred hotel in Shanghai. Our hotel has indeed a great location next to shopping and entertainment areas, restaurants and many business addresses. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed our guest rooms and the service provided by our dedicated Club Lounge associates. Our Concierge team thanks you as well for the comments about their friendliness and efficiency in handling your express packages. We have passed on to all our associates concerned your positive comments and appreciation about their service and the entire team is delighted with your recognition.