Lowest prices for your stay
HK$884
HK$843
Fully refundable before Fri, 7 Jun
prtravelteam
Melbourne, Australia

Excellent service! Best location!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Jan 2020via mobile
We had the pleasure of staying in shanghai for 5 nights. So glad we booked the Sofitel Hyland. Easy to walk to the Bund and the Mall. The hotel was well presented and all the staff were very helpful and polite. A very big thank you to Jason on the club flcoor. Such attention to detail, excellent customer service, friendly and efficient made our stay even more wonderful. We will definitely return.
Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded 15 Jan 2020
Dear pennieruss,

Greetings from Sofitel Shanghai Hyland !

It is with great pleasure and appreciation that we receive your review. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and your kind comments. We will definitely inform Jason of your positive feedback.

We hope to be welcoming you back really soon !

Lobby view
    HK$454
    HK$634
3.8 km from Radisson Collection Hotel, Hyland Shanghai
Pool
The Classiq Double Room at the Jinjiang MetroPolo Hotel Classiq Shanghai Peoples' Square
HK$483
    HK$317
13.1 km from Radisson Collection Hotel, Hyland Shanghai
View more hotels in Shanghai
1,975 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 January 2020 via mobile

Location is great, close to everything. Staff manner was good. Breakfast choices were good but lack of organisation.

HOWEVER:

Very dated old fitting and furniture, unacceptable for Sofitel. (See pic, are you kidding me?)

Stayed in the family room, really really old bed base per the picture, this piece of furniture should be discarded outright, simple as that, unacceptable. It was subsequently replaced with another piece that looked like its from the 80s.

One of the hinge on the shower glass door looks like it’s coming off somewhat.... wonder how long that will last. Having just stayed in a 3 star hotel in Tokyo, and other lesser branded hotels in China, the comparison in “details”cannot be apparent.

Clumsy, run the volume type of hotel. Disappointed, unacceptable for the name for Sofitel! And we stayed for a week, for the sake for location only really.

For the brand and price paid, I cannot offer more than a 2 star rating.

Trip type: Travelled with family
SofitelSHHyland, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Collection Hotel, Hyland Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2020

Dear jmlogic,

Greetings from Sofitel Shanghai Hyland.
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am the guest experience manager and I am very sorry to hear your experience with us didn't go as expected. What you had experience is definitely not the standards we live and serve by, and definitely a one-time exception.

I appreciate you share your comments and suggestions with us as it will help us identify and improve the mentioned areas.

We hope to have a chance to welcome you back once more, and to provide you with a great service and excellency.

Reviewed 8 January 2020

The good: Location is excellent. Opens directly to the Nanjing East Road Pedestrian Street - easy access to subway, shopping and lots of food options. One of the best breakfasts we had during the trip.

Saw a couple of negative reviews on parcels going missing etc. We bought quite some items online from Taobao, and had no issues with shipping it to the hotel. Concierge managed it very professionally. Leaving this review in case there's any worry about shipping items to the hotel.

The quirks and misses:
1. Hotel advertises EVERYWHERE (in the room description on booking sites; even in the TV in the room) that it comes with Lanvin Bath Amenities. Guess what, it doesn't. If you call up house-keeping, they'll bring you ONE set. And then daily housekeeping replenishes it back with the local brand. It's not a big deal, but this skimping and cutting corners just isn't right for a brand like Sofitel.

2. Room comes with either bathtub or rainshower. Not actually stated anywhere, and the photos show it with the bathtub. We only realised after we unpacked, and were too lazy to request for a change of room. Thankfully the weather wasn't too cold those few days, or we would have really missed the tub.

3. Poorly trained staff at breakfast. First day: We ordered Earl Grey Tea and got Green Tea instead. (To be fair, we had the same issue at almost every other hotel). One of the days, they served the coffee/tea to the wrong table twice! First time to a couple behind us who told them it wasn't theirs and then just took the coffee. And then again to another obviously empty table in front of us. We finally got it on the third ask. And then one staff realised the coffee/tea sitting on the empty table, and brought it over to us. So we ended up with 2 sets.

Overall, still a good pleasant stay, but leaving an average review in the hopes that they would just fix the quirks: especially the bath amenities!

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank weekeet
SofitelSHHyland, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Collection Hotel, Hyland Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2020

Dear weekeet,

Greetings from Sofitel Shanghai Hyland. I am the Guest Experience Manager in the hotel and I would like to genuinely thank you for taking the time to review and share your insights with us.

I have taken notes of all your feedback and suggestions. We will definitely work in this direction to improve furthermore the challenges you have highlighted.

Once again, thank you for your observations. We hope to have the opportunity to be welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2020

The location was great! Many food and shopping options nearby. Easily accessible by subway! Staff was friendly and helpful when it comes to food recommendations. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Only downside is the walls were thin and I could hear my neighbours watching television.

Date of stay: December 2019
SofitelSHHyland, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Collection Hotel, Hyland Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2020

Dear Corliss L,

Greetings from Sofitel Shanghai Hyland !
I am the Guest Experience Manager and I would like to genuinely thank you for all your feedback and positive comments.

Our team and heartists are very glad to hear you had beautiful stay with us.

We really hope to be welcoming back very soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2020

I stayed in the Sofitel Shanghai Hyland for three days before a short, business trip to Hangzhou. While I was in Shanghai, I played tourist and really enjoyed the location of this hotel. It's right on East Nanjing Road, a pedestrian mall with plenty of shopping and restaurants and banks. The hotel itself is situated just one and a half short blocks from the East Nanjing Road metro station (take exit 4), which is on lines 2 and 10 so very easy to get to from PVG.

The location is great because you can eat at chain restaurants (why would you?) or you can walk just two blocks off East Nanjing Road in either direction and on the parallel streets are tons of small restaurants and stalls selling excellent and very cheap breakfast and dinner options. An easy walk takes you right to the Bund, which I recommend early in the morning to avoid crowds, touts, and traffic. Seeing the skyline as the sun warms up is truly not to be missed (and easy to do if you're jet-lagged).

The hotel itself is well-appointed, with a large lobby and multiple elevators. The room was clean and spacious, and my window had a fantastic view of the Pearl Tower.The shower had great water pressure and plenty of hot water. The bed was large and comfortable, and the shades were true black-out curtains (imperative for beating jet-lag, or staying on another time zone if your trip is short).

If I were to lodge one small complaint it would be that the restaurant -- Mosaic -- was underwhelming. One night, I was too tired and overwhelmed to go find dinner, easy as it would have been, and opted to eat in the restaurant. I had the buffet, which was expensive by Shanghai standards (but reasonable by American hotel restaurant standards). While the food was hot and fresh, I just thought it was "okay." The sashimi was fine, as was the made-to-order lamb chop, but I thought the prepared French-style dishes were under-seasoned. The dessert spread was lovely and appetizing, though. Perhaps I had an off-night at the restaurant, and I can't speak to its breakfast offerings as I ate street food for breakfast at every opportunity. Still, the restaurant isn't bad, I just didn't find it worth the price when other, cheaper food was to be had nearby.

This was a small blip, however, in an otherwise great stay. I was particularly impressed with the friendly and generous service. English is spoken well by all of the staff members I interacted with, so if your Chinese is not very good, you have no need to worry. After my brief stay in Shanghai, I traveled to Hangzhou for three nights, returning to Shanghai on the fourth day before my late evening flight. Having several hours to tour Shanghai, I was loathe to schlep my bags around the city, but the staff at the Sofitel Shanghai Hyland didn't blink when I asked to leave my baggage with them for a few hours. I'm not sure an American hotel would do the same -- hold a former guest's luggage for a few hours free of charge. I really appreciated that gesture.

All in all, it was a great hotel and I would not hesitate to book it on my next trip to Shanghai. The location is great and makes getting around to other sites in the city easy. If you don't mind a walk, you can easily get to the Bund or Old Town with Yu Yuan (Garden) and the City God Temple.

1  Thank Athamese

Dear Athamese,

Greetings from Sofitel Shanghai Hyland. I am the Guest Experience Manager, and on the behalf of our team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share a detailed feedback to us.

We appreciate your comments and we are glad you had a great experience at Sofitel Hyland. I have taken notes of all your appreciations and suggestions and I will share them with all our operational teams in order to improve and provide excellent luxury service to our beloved guests.

We hope to be welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2020

Its not often that you feel a hotel goes beyond your expectations. But the stay we experienced ranked as one of the best my wife and I have ever had. New years is a busy time in Shanghai. Streets are filled and traffic is slowed. The fact we were on the main pedestrian mall helped immensely. A short walk to the Bund to experience the celebrations and an overwhelming array of shops to go wild. We were given maps , advise as to what to see and detailed directions to some sights we would never have thought of. Loved the breakfast and the room was spacious. In room service was fast and delicious.

Room tip: Floors above the 23rd have great views
Date of stay: December 2019
SofitelSHHyland, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Collection Hotel, Hyland Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2020

Dear FarAway430883,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Shanghai Hyland. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team.