1,281 results
All reviews martini bar tang court the club lounge nespresso machine wet room control panel rain shower fantastic hotel dim sum restaurants and bars turn down service junior suite f b french concession business trip noodles chinese restaurant
Reviewed 6 November 2018

I was on a business trip to shanghai and stayed at The Langham Xintiandi over a week. The hotel itself is pretty decent and nice, room service is superb and Chuan SPA is awesome. I would like to give it a 5-star but one experience really disappointed me about how they treat guests differently, between Chinese and foreigners.

After my coworker (an american dude) arriving Shanghai, we went to his room to discuss Monday working plan, and surprisingly discovered how they treat non-Chinese guest differently. There were a box of chocolate, personalized greeting card, a service request form, which I see none in my room. You may say the room service ppl forget about it but when I checked in this hotel again after the weekend, my room has nothing mentioned above.

As a Chinese, I would like to raise this issue to hotel management team, please understand all your guests are equally important and there should be no difference in treatment! For the very first time, I received racist service in my own country. What a shame. I will consider other hotels for my future trip to Shanghai.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
SvenI92, General Manager at The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear TrailBlazer469871,

thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

It is with great concern that we note your comment and allegations on inappropriate treatment of you and other guests at The Langham Shanghai.

Let me assure you that we do not condone and/or practice any form of racism at our hotel. This is one of of our most important company values and a fundamental part of how we conduct our business every day.

We have looked into this case and, based on the information you mentioned in your post, are reasonably certain of your personal information and details of your stays with us.

There is a very simple explanation for what you observed during your visits and I would be delighted to elaborate in details via direct email communication. Again, I assure you that none of this has anything to do with the origin, race, gender of you or any other of our guests.

I would really appreciate the opportunity to communicate and explain to you the particulars of this case.

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience and remain with kind regards,

Sven Isberg
Managing Director
The Langham Shanghai, Xintiandi

Reviewed 3 November 2018

This is the place to stay if you want to be close to great restaurants and shopping areas. Xintiandi is a walkable area with infinite restaurants and stores options.
The staff at The Langham was so nice and welcoming. Dennis, one of the concierges, went above and beyond in what he could do for me booking restaurants and even a great night at this awesome bar around the Bund. Thank you all for a great experience.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
CarolC5532, Manager at The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Dear milenarubel,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience with fellow tripadvisor members.

We are delighted to know that our Chief Concierge Dennis was able to make your night a great one. Look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 October 2018

The Langham is notoriously an expensive hotel. In Shanghai, compared to New York, rooms are more accessible... still the day by day is quite costly. Rooms are nice, well furnished and very comfortable. Personnel is friendly and dedicated. Much better than in the US.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mafyna
CarolC5532, Manager at The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Dear Mafyna,

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the room, and the services of our team. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Well its my last night in Shanghai of a 5 night stay at the Langham hotel. Im thinking hard how to sum this place up! The rooms are great and very clean the wifi is probably the worst i have ever experienced in any five star hotel. For the cost of the rooms plus tax its very expensive for what you get! Breakfast not included though good is massively expensive. $75 for two people , ridiculous especially considering how many places you can have a good breakfast across the road for about $6. I cant believe at these prices ,about $300 a night nothing is included. Location is great but i have to say from all the Langham hotels i have stayed in this is the most impersonal. Upon checking out the receptionist asked”how was your stay”? Very quickly i realized she was not even listening to my answer!! Why bother!!
Having stayed in many other hotels at less cost in Shanghai would i stay here again? The answer is no!!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear iain m,

I am concerned to learn your less satisfactory stay experience. Your comments is shared and reviewed with our team for further improvement. Please do feel free to contact me directly on carol.chang@langhamhotels.com should you plan to visit again. I will personally look after you.

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

The rooms were modern and large. Service was good and the location is great. Surrounded with restos and bars. Great for business or family vacations. Staffs are very accomodating. Will definitely be back next visit to Shanghai.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Destination823528,

It is great to learn that you enjoyed the room and services of our team. We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Shanghai.