All reviews free trade impressive foyer dinner buffet spacious room two night stay living area hard beds close to metro station other hotels noodles stayed here for nights nice hotel free wifi western food china necessities units
Reviewed 18 September 2018

This hotel is beautiful. 29 stories with a great rooftop bar. Go there just to get a picture of the skyline!!! Very good morning buffet, lots of Western food as well as traditional chinese. Big rooms, almost as if they were condo's.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank grateful908
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

This was our last hotel in our tour , Shane it’s so far from city centre. Breakfast was good , yummy pancakes ! We walked to a shopping area about 25 minute walk, has more eating areas than shops . If I was to book I’d stay closer to city centre , about a 3 star in my opinion

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank G1784JNtraceys
RPHR_GM, General Manager at Regal Plaza Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your trip to Shanghai. We really appreciate you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

Hotel is well located at Shanghai pilot free trade zone. With the Metro Line 6 nearby and outer ring & middle ring viaduct, you can easily get the CBD and airport.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Regal Plaza Hotel & Residence for your next trip. You can also contact me directly at hm@regal-plaza.com and I will be very glad to assist you with any further booking.

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Great looking hotel but staff no goog with English but some are helpful
AC not good ,couldn’t get room below 25
Breakfast looked lot better than it was,some of food appeared to be leftover from buffet night before and not so goog either
Rooms except for AC were great very clean roomy and well serviced with tea and coffee ,microwave and fridge
I thought bed was good but my girlfriend thought a bit hard

Room Tip: I think all good but if after view need to go high
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We have brought all points you've mentioned to the attention of ur concerned dept for further following up and improvement.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

The room we were given Room 2113 was very small. It had two single beds as we needed but as soon as you opened the door you were on top of the first bed. Not much room to walk past the beds to the tiny sitting area, which is where we had to put our suitcases as no room else where for them. A small area which had a kettle and coffee, bottled water and a microwave. A reasonable bathroom and an impressive lobby. Other people on our floor had quite decent sized rooms with large windows with views. Breakfast was much the same as most other hotels we stayed at in China, so not too bad once you get used to it. Maybe with a bigger room it would have been a better stay for us.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

We boasts of spacious suite room from 50 to 90 square meters. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Regal Plaza Hotel & Residence for your next trip. You can also contact me directly at hm@regal-plaza.com and I will be very glad to assist you with any further booking with the specific room type.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Before making decision to book hotel I always look into Trip Advisor comments what is usually good reference to what I am getting in. As feelings of visitors were mixed I decide to book it. Room booked is exactly what I got; studio apartment of some sort. However kitchen was completely empty? I had no intention to cook but what is a purpose of it; no pots, no silverware, no plates, not even drinking glasses. Just all empty and useless. What is their expectation that guests will bring all this by themselves?! Where is the sense in that? Are they afraid that guests will steal all? They can always look into inventory before guest leaves premises. It is very tiring but frequently in China thins are made without any sense and this is pure example of one. There is as well big refrigerator in kitchen but empty, so minibar does not exists. However, there is quite big menu with drinks you can order via room service. Or even better; just across buffet restaurant is “Family Markt” where you can buy needed yourself.
Room itself; big, decent, clean and toilet as well. No any complain about except as some other guests wrote; air-condition is not working well at all. I kept settings permanently on 19C but temperature never dropped below 25C. I have feeling that unit is rigged up, does no matter what you press temp will always be 25C.
Laundry; normally you will expect to have laundry bag and checklist in some of the lockers. Not the case. In fact I had to request for it twice in order to get it. Is it so difficult to stock up when it is gone?
Breakfast buffet; very, very lausy. All pastries are old and dry, hard like a stone. In any case all the rest is typical Chinese breakfast. If you exclude fried eggs than remaining has nothing to do with western food. Dinner buffet, there are some selections of western stuff plus free flow of beer so this can go.
Most of the stuff does not speak English!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experiences which is very important to us, I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectation in general during your stay.

We have kitchenware, tableware available for rental at the price of RMB 30/day, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the inconveniece caused by our air-con, staff English skill ect and we have brought your valuable comments to the attention of our concerned dept. for prompt improvement.

We appreciate your sharing the concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.