All reviews subway station the club lounge shopping mall during rush hour lounge staff dinner buffet japanese restaurant loved this hotel large bathroom noodles hotel lobby excellent stay business trip nice room hongqiao airport convenient location executive floor
Reviewed 15 December 2017

Very nice and clean hotel room, there are two USB ports in room and easy to charge mobile and iPad.

Lounge food and service quality is also good by Eileen, Nancy and Eric and they are very willing to help for enquiries.

Location is very convenient, I could go to the hotel direct from MTR station without going outside.

Swimming pool is very interesting, one side is glass and I could see the street while swimming.

Trip type: Travelled on business
wenpan125, Manager at Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel for your recent stay in Shanghai!

Reviewed 12 December 2017

The wonderful staff of high level of service is the highlight of the hotel, especially Peggie, who provided my family warm hospitality and caring service throughout our stay. I would definitely come back to the hotel next time.

Room tip: Nice Staff
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
wenpan125, Manager at Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Dear guest,

We're glad to receive your comments and noticed that you had enjoyed an comfortable stay with us. Your comments really encourage us to keep moving forward to serve each of our guest better and better. Thank you for your high comment to Peggie for her excellent service.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with my 2 kids 2 weeks back and found it a good hotel. Located at langao station wt a small mall attached to it..The front desk were courteous and helpful throughout... no major complains. Rooms were spacious and elegant. Will stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
wenpan125, Manager at Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Reviewed 5 December 2017

I am a frequent Hotel guest with Marriott Group, so much so that I am a Platinum Member which gives we loads of Benefits, (well except in this Hotel).
Having worked a long day, I got to the hotel at around 830pm went to the Executive Lounge to have a drink only to find they had no choice of wine (just a very sweet desert wine).
I then went to my room to order room service, I ordered Lamb Curry and tried to order a White wine.
It took me 3 attempts to find a Girl on the phone that could read the menu.
Then I was told they don't have wine unless I wanted to pay rmb1100 per bottle.
Crazy
I was then offered alternative which I accepted only to find 1 hour later I got a call to say this was also now out of stock.
In the end they gave me a wine that was not even on the Menu it must have been found someplace .
Round 10.40 the food finally arrived, I was shocked to find the French Fries were cold (but not surprised) and to my horror the Lamb Curry had changed to chicken .
I called to complain and the Duty Manager arrived at my door to check the food and accepted it was incorrect and said sorry, he offered to cook fresh for me I told him it was too late now,
He was so nice that he said I didn't have to Pay for the food I didn't eat, A REALLY NICE TOKEN.......
This hotel is not reserving of a Renaissance Name, the food and beverage manager has no Control on stock levels or food quality and I have informed my friends who Travel to avoid this hotel.
The following night I stayed in Changzhou Marriott at half the price and Excellent Service , in future I will avoid Shanghai and just take the quick train to Changzhou.

Room tip: don't choose any
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
magic y, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear Asia S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at the Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience.

Firstly,We will check the wine and contact the suppiler to get a solution about the wine quality and quantity. Secondly we have shared your feedback with food & beverage department due to the room service problems, We also will take further training and assessment to the relevant department in order to give the guest much more satisfied experience.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Shanghai.

Pier Zhou
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel around early morning of 19th at about 12:30, there was a security but jus stared and won’t offer any help with luggage. There were a female receptionist who was very sweet and helpful. When she find find out I was heading back to the airport in a few hours she offered me breakfast Togo with some bread, fruit and juice. This is the Marriott service that I depend when I travel. I was a little disappointed When I got to my room, the room was very small and tight. Although it was clean and well appointed. But there are no coffee maker. Shower and went to bed.
The next morning, woke up at 6, packed, went up to the Executive lounge to get some breakfast and coffee and check out. Very disappointed , although the breakfast started at 6:00Am, by 6:30 a lot of steam food, were still cold, some serving dishes were empty, asked for noodle soup but was told that they still need to bring the water that cooks the noodles to broil . No one know the breakfast in the bag that the receptionist offered me when I checked in. Oh well , got to run . No time to complain. But seriously, if you told your guests that breakfast start at 6, that doesn’t mean you start preparing at 6, it should mean the guests can have a decent hot breakfast at 6 and not have to wait 45 minutes for the water to broil .

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Evan C, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Dear tj k,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your preferred accommodation in Shanghai.

Please kindly be noted that we have received your feedback which regarding your last stay at our property. I would like to offer my sincere apology for all of the inconvenience you may experienced. Your valuable comments would be shared with related department leaders and hotel management team.

Once again, please accept my apology for the stay experience didn’t meet your expectation. You are valued customer to us. We genuinely hope that you do consider using our hotel again and let us to regain your trust by the improved service. We are all looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Evan Chen