Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
jpmckeon111
Detroit, Michigan

Business Stay

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Aug 2019
The hotel has nice rooms. They are quiet and comfortable. The fitness and spa were closed for renovation during my stay. The buffet breakfast was good with both Chinese and Western offerings. The location is ok. There are malls and food courts near by so eating at the hotel isn’t the only option. The concierge was a trainee and it took forty five minutes to get a cab.
Date of stay: August 2019
    HK$554
    HK$494
6.8 km from Grand Soluxe Zhongyou Hotel Shanghai
View more hotels in Shanghai
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 June 2019 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotels more than 50 nights during several years. So I have experienced bad and good. So let me review this hotel based upon accumulated stays. So this review is not only this time but also pasts ones are included.

1. The room is adequately spacious if you stay the corner rooms. The average rooms are average. Not so wide, but not small
2. Amenities are adequate
3. The cleanup is fine
4. The water temperature of the shower is not stable, but tolerable.
5. Bathroom is rather small, packed. For some people may feel too small. The bad design point is the distance between the facet and the sink. That is too close to wash hands. fingers are always hits the sink!!!
6. The breakfast buffet was great for me until this time. But I have found several dirty juice glasses. This has surprised me. They were really dirty and you can see them when you hold the glass to lights. This really disappointed me since I was a fan of this buffet. The staff at the buffet have been great and foods are fine. The coffee machines are rather old.
7. Concierge is really up to person. At this hotel, get a taxi without local phone application is almost impossible. Since I cannot speak nor read Mandarin, I must ask the concierge to call a taxi. Some are terrible, no efforts at all, just standing, but some are great to use his phone’s application to call the taxi even though only 2times by the same person . The rest of the time is useless.
8. The shuttle bus service is great, in particular, the concierge and the driver was flexible enough to go the place a little bit away the course. I have really appreciate this service since too difficult to catch a taxi.

So overall it is average. This is it!

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank Bishop-angelmacfire
Reviewed 10 December 2018 via mobile

Taxi drivers at the airport knew exactly where this hotel was. Check-in was easy and FAST. Buffet breakfast was varied with chinese and also western food available. Room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. Room service excellent. Couldn't ask for more... great hotel... Great price.!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

The good:
1. Check in / out is fast.
2. Rooms are quite big.
3. Convenient location.

The bad:
1. Breakfast could really have been better.
2. Too many people hanging around the main lobby smoking.
3. Staff speak very limited English.

The ugly:
The worst about this trip for me was the fact that they preset the temperature for the air conditioning (at 26 degrees the day I arrived to 27 degrees the day I left). Although it’s autumn, the rooms can be stuffy so they should just let everyone decide on the temperature that they want. This caused difficulties sleeping and really pissed me off. My other colleagues too and their solution? Get the engineer to open the window.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 15 October 2018

I stayed here for business, great Hotel, very competitively priced, rooms were very spacious, centrally located. Breakfast was excellent, really enjoyed that. I will stay here again on my next travel to Shanghai

Room tip: Great Hotel with a good price with spacious rooms
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank alej0cr
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

I have always stayed at Hongta and decided a change this time. Location wise is very near to one another. Hotel lobby is pretty nice but the road entry to the hotel is not obvious and driver might missed it. Check in is quick but I found my king size bed was a double bed combine and a very hard mattress cover both! So there is no middle separation. I removed this hard mattress in the middle of the night cos it’s unbearable. However the mattress below is Slumberland and is very comfortable. For the rest of the stay it was very nice then. The toilet is clean and comes with a bidget. Aircon is a bit noisy but bearable.
I found many Japanese business men stay here cos the breakfast has a good spread of sushi and miso soup too. Food for breakfast is better than Hongta for me. The counter do not have many English speaking staff so that maybe an issue to get a cab. Hotel has several small shops downstairs for you to check it out.
Night fall got to be a bit careful right outside as some lady of the nights may appear and approach you. Opposites has lots of food from Japanese to Chinese to Mongolian BBQ. Some pubs as well.
Overall a good average hotel if you want to stay the area at a lower price.

Date of stay: September 2018