All reviews spg hotels toilet flush gorgeous bathroom lost in translation platinum member lobby restaurant hotel wifi service level welcome drink free weights little things the check in process fitness center chinese restaurant comfortable rooms luxury hotel special thanks
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed at the St. Regis Jingan and need to say love the hotel. Great location, exceptional staff, amazing hotel and interior ( see below pics ). I’m a big fan of the lobby which I basically love! Reminds me of the old grand hotels in Europe like Grand hotel Kronenhof In Switzerland.
Especially I would like to mention the guest relations officer Regina Li, she had such a great attitude and warm helping character. She was never short of going the extra mile to make our stay special. Also on a different note I would like to say that she fits such a high class hotel very well as she has a great taste for fashion. She told me a lot about the history of the hotel and recommended great places to go within Shanghai.
Thank you guys and especially Regina very much, defiantly recommend the hotel to anyone, also based on the fact that it’s very new.
Super schönes und stylisches hotel im
HerZen von Shanghai.
Kann das Hotel nur sehr empfehlen von der Location über interior bis zu den Mitarbeitern.
Vor allem Regina Li war immer sehr zuvorkommend und hat alles getan uns unseren Aufenthalt perfekt zu machen. Auch möchte ich gerne erwähnen das Sie einen ausgezeichneten und sehr gut zum
Hotel passenden Mode Geschmack hat.
Kann das Hotel nur jedem empfehlen und würde jederzeit wieder hier wohnen wenn ich in Shanghai bin.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Gre G
Dan X, Manager at The St. Regis Shanghai Jingan, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Dear Gre G,
Thank you for your kind review!
It is a true pleasure to know that you had an exceptional stay with us and hopefully got a chance to look at shanghai from a new perspective due to Regina’s recommendations.
We hope to serve you again when your travels bring you back to Shanghai, and please feel free to reach out to us if there is anything we can be of assistance with prior your next arrival.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed in St. Regis for one night. Very nice and spacious room. The service is great just like other St Regis. Hotels. Will come back again. We had the Chinese style massage at the spa. The spa facility is nice.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Zhang C

Dear Zhang C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the room and tried our Signature SPA – Iridium. We appreciate you being a St. Regis fan and hope to serve you again when your travels bring you back to Shanghai.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

It's one of my best 5-star hotel experiences. The location is perfect! It is located at the most center of Jingan District, which is the best area to visit in Shanghai. Only takes 15 mins by taxi from the Shanghai High Speed Train Station, and only 30 mins from the Hongqiao airport. If you wish to experience Chinese metro and get around the city, there are couple metro lines' entrances nearby the hotel. Many historical buildings, attractions, restaurants, and shopping centers in walking distances.

This time I stayed at a 62nd floor apartment with an elegant interior design and great view of the city. It's one of the best experience you can get to check out the city skyline. The entire hotel is with classic but modern design. Very friendly staff all around and great services.

Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Nigher floors has the best views
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Jamie L,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and for choosing to stay with us. It is our pleasure to provide the best hotel experience for you. We are glad you enjoy the hotel being in the heart of Jingan area, hopefully next stay our concierge team will help you to discover more interesting places to visit. I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future, please feel free to reach out to us if there is anything we can be of assistance with prior your next arrival.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Have spend last 14 years living 150+ nights/yr in hotels...with this background, I would say that the St Regis Jingan is simply a stellar property. We started staying here about 1 month after the opening in 2017, notching 40-50 nights (all personal) spread over the past year, and I think this property has really hit its stride as an archetypal luxury property: well appointed decor, seamless operations, doting service. At our frequency of travel, what is of paramount import to us is the personnel, and StR Jingan cleanly delivers: Attentive and gracious hosts are what we've been met with at every level of service. We look forward to future stays at St Regis Jingan

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear pruss2ny,

Thank you very much for recognizing our Anniversary, and for taking the time providing your feedback as it seems you are a true travel-connoisseur. Be assured your comments are very much appreciated and we will share your feedback with all of our team members as it is the best motivator for them to continue their great work. I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future, please feel free to reach out to us if there is anything we can be of assistance with prior your arrival.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

As SPG's top brand I had high hopes for this hotel but unfortunately I was disappointed. It wasn't one big thing, it was lots of little things that just weren't good enough. For example: toilet flush that continues to flush until you turn the lever back, coffee maker in the room but no capsules, closet so full of stuff there's not much space to hang my clothes, no form to order in-room breakfast the night before, instead you have to call in the morning, was told breakfast would be delivered within 40 minutes and it came one hour later. Front desk and Concierge were good. Japanese and Chinese restaurants in the hotel were fine. The mini bar in the room had a limited selection of drinks and no snack food. Hotel wifi was painfully slow. I expected much better from this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Dan X, Manager at The St. Regis Shanghai Jingan, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Ashley Nicholas,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us, and please accept my sincere apology for some for the shortcomings experienced, especially on the In-room dining part as it is our quest to deliver any room service order within the stated period. I have shared your feedback with the respective parties and we will work diligently to keep improving on our services provided. On a more positive note, we are just about to launch a new In-room dining menu offering more options, including breakfast doorknob menu, thus eliminating the hustle of having to call in in the morning. Please note the coffee capsules are at the upper drawer of the mini-bar cabinet, something we will look into to perhaps find a better location for it. In regards to the slow WiFi, our bandwidth set up is above the required standard, however, many foreign websites are usually affected by local firewall restriction therefore not being able to function properly, which unfortunately is beyond our control. Again, thank you very much for staying with us, and to provide your valuable feedback. I hope sincerely hope to be welcoming you back in the future, please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is anything I can assist you with.

Danny Parnack