1,662 results
All reviews urban resort complimentary mini bar grand room nespresso machine jing'an temple french concession dark wood busy city beautiful hotel steam room park hyatt rooms are large lobby bar metro station club level visiting shanghai four seasons
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've been staying exclusively at the Puli when traveling to Shanghai, about twice a year since 2012. It's always been lovely. However, on my last visit (August 2018) I saw a few things that troubled me. Apparently, it's now under new management, and the changes aren't for the best. The WiFi is now so slow as to sometimes be unusable. They used to have amazing bath products and soaps, befitting their 'urban resort' theme... but sadly they now have generic soaps and shampoos, the kind stocked by any Holiday Inn- obviously really cheap stuff. I quite miss the handmade soaps! The thing that really bothered me this time was the pool staff. The Puli has one of the most gorgeous indoor swimming pools of any hotel, and it's the heart of their calm oasis. However, they now have these odd men walking around it- some sort of staff, maybe they are 'lifeguards'. But each time I was in the pool, some random employee was slowly walking around the pool, staring at me as I swam in a really creepy way. One big bald man was actually blowing his nose in the air, to land on the poolside. All this completely killed the peaceful vibe at the pool. If you must have 'lifeguards' at the pool, they should sit to the side and stay out of the way, not constantly pacing slowly around staring at people. A hotel like this is all about atmosphere, and it must be maintained. The hotel itself is still beautiful as always (though it's starting to show it's age), and I hope they can get it back to the 'urban oasis' it should be.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank BrentB1565
TVDVA_ThePuLi, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear BrentB1565,

We thank you for the time you have taken to share your recent experience at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

While we are delighted The PuLi became your "home away from home" since 2012, we are concerned to hear about your experience.

We are proud of our professional team members and are concerned by the uncharacteristic issues you faced at our pool facilities, please rest assured your comments have been shared with our Executive Assistant Manager - Mr. Bryan LOH.

Since June 2018, we have been focusing on our bathroom amenities to provide a valuable insight into the brand story for our guests. We have chosen to upgrade our range for "La Bottega" who has been nominated "official Bath & Body collection provider" by the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide. Forbes is recognized for being an independent and global rating system for luxury hotels and services in the Hospitality Industry. We took the liberty to update your guest preferences for your future stays.

Should you wish to speak further about this experience, we encourage you to contact us directly. It would be our pleasure to learn more about your recent stay, as we would truly appreciate the chance to restore your faith in The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

We look forwarding to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2018

I'm going at The Puli every now and then since 2013 and I am still impressed every time. At first it was the design, impeccable. An oasis in the city, but over the years the service has grown to be near perfect. It is very natural, efficient and laid back here. I still see some people who were working there a few years ago, it tells a lot. My only complain is that it is quite popular now. This is an hotel where it is actually worth it to take the club level. Location is great, food is outstanding and healthy, good wine selection, and in the summer the terrace is a nice place to hang out.

Room Tip: Take the club level - worth every penny if your a business traveler.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
TVDVA_ThePuLi, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Martin L,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review regarding your recent stay and for your loyalty since 2013!
We are indeed very fortunate to have some long serving team members demonstrating a true "hostmanship" when it comes to our guest service.

We look forward to welcoming you soon again to The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 27 October 2018

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights recently. I had researched hotels in Shanghai quite thoroughly, and decided that I didn't want to stay on or near the Bund. We did not regret that decision at all, and we loved the Puli. First, it is a physically beautiful, calming hotel both inside and outside. The vibe was "modern, Asian chic." The rooms were very well designed with good storage and lighting. The bathroom was great with very nice double sinks and shelf space for everything. The bed was wonderful with great pillows. We had a club level deluxe king room, and while the room was not huge, it made great use of the space, had a desk with two chairs, and a fabulous city view. The club level gave us some extras such as the full buffet breakfast, laundry service, as well as daily tea and cocktail hour service. With a 35% pre-payment discount, we felt the room was a good deal for a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
TVDVA_ThePuLi, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear Jeanniedc,

Thank you taking the time to share your recent visit at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

I am delighted to hear that you truly enjoyed stay, we also very much appreciate your feedback about the comfort of the room and design.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Thomas VAUCOULEUR DE VILLE D'AVRAY
General Manager.

Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

It has always been such a pleasant experience at Puli, every time. Staff is excellent, the hotel theme is modern Chinese at its finest, oozing tranquility and calmness. Nothing to pick on at all. I stay here during my every visit to Shanghai.

The Metro takes you to Hongqiao airport and railways station, and Pudong directly without changing lines.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear efun2018,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our team members and the design of our property.

We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Shanghai.

Reviewed 23 October 2018

I was in this hotel thx to my friends. The hotel has a very good location, looks very beautiful, has great rooms and super good staff. When you have super busy business days in Shanghai you feel relaxed when you enter the hotel and that is for me super important.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear Alain D,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

We look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

With kind regards,