Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jacques C

My recent business trip to Shanghai

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Apr 2024via mobile
Great location , Great breakfasts and great staff !

Amazing leadership (Jensen) - he is always present 24/7 (I don’t know when he rests ?) and he ensures an amazing service with his team !

As I am Lifetime Platinum member, I do recommend Le Meridien to anyone visiting Shanghai !
Date of stay: April 2024
42.8 km from Le Méridien Shanghai, Minhang
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Shanghai
2,525 results
All reviews le meridien air purifier sauna and steam room shopping mall the executive lounge room service language barrier convenient location qibao gym business laps hardware subway concierge china
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 March 2024 via mobile

The staff are ok, the amenity and the facility is so so. The room looks very odd, but the view from the room is spectacular, you can see the flight is going to land every 2 or 3 minutes.

Nothing special but I would rather choose other hotels near the airport. This hotel is quite near the airport maybe it is a good point.

Date of stay: March 2024
Reviewed 9 November 2023 via mobile

Dumbest concept ever zero room service how can a hotel actually function today without it I do t u sweat and … this is the Meridien not a mainland China hotel which by the way always has room service . Also there is no one that speaks English …shocking

Room tip: Never stay here poor service and zero room service
Date of stay: November 2023
Reviewed 19 May 2023 via mobile

Located opposite a busy road. Check in was a bit of a nightmare but I was expecting this. My company process causes these issues. Staff were lovely and even though we had a language barrier they did help me as best they could.

The room they gave me over looked a busy mall area so didn't offer the 'quiet room' I requested. That said it wasn't unbearable as I was on a higher floor. Two beds in the room and they were comfy enough with nice firm pillows. The bath was deep but no bath salts and basic amenities. The charging sockets in the room didn't work with any adapter style so I had to charge via USB and when I needed to charge with a plug I had to use the shaver socket in the bathroom. Not ideal. The curtains were hanging off at the sides so let some light in the room from the mall opposite. The WiFi was absolutely terrible, never worked the whole time I was there on my iPad or phones. Probably because I had foreign technology maybe because I had the same problem everywhere in china. I had to use my data roaming.

Room service was fast but the food was awful. The steak I had on the first night you could have soled your shoes with. Food was delivered on a massive thick heavy plate covered in cling film. I didn't order room service again after this meal. The breakfast in the morning was plentiful, lots of choice and considering how bad room service was the breakfast wasn't all that bad.

The gym and leisure facilities are actually pretty good. Gym has enough kit for a decent workout, pool was large for laps and they had a sauna and steam room.

I wouldn't choose to stay in this hotel again. There are definitely better options in Shanghai for international guests more central in the city.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Tong Wick, 销售 at Le Méridien Shanghai, Minhang, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2023

Dear Guest, thank you for your recent stay with us and your detailed feedback. We would like to express our sincere apology for the challenges which you encountered. Our team will certainly look into the Wi-Fi issue and food quality of room service. For the bath amenities you mentioned, we changed our toiletries into the environmentally friendly packaging. If you need the individual packaging for taking a bath, please do not hesitate to call Service Center. Once again, our apology for the inconvenience caused and looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 May 2023 via mobile

Excellent hotel with great service and very friendly staff. The rooms, and the bathrooms in particular, are beautiful and extremely well equiped. The breakfast is simply perfect with all the choices you can dream of, wherever you come from.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Tong Wick, 销售 at Le Méridien Shanghai, Minhang, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2023

Dear Almoni06,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your kind opinion on your stay and we are delighted that you have appreciated the hotel's guestroom as well as the helpful service provided by our hotel stuffs. It is truly an encouragement for us to go extra miles to ensure a great experience to each and every one of our guests. We hope to welcome you back soon to Le Méridien home in the near future.

Reviewed 1 May 2023 via mobile

The hotel hardware is fine. The room is an interesting design featuring an octagonal shower, that’s sort of a statement piece in the room.
Because I went during high season, the Labor Day holiday weekend, it was bound to be crowded. Lots of families in the swimming pool, it was difficult to get a length in.
Breakfast was actually a nice spread and quite spacious. The executive lounge was fine, had booze in the evening and some refreshments.
Two things happened during my stay that ruined my experience a bit. 1. I kept getting cigarette smell in my room, probably someone smoking next door. It was impossible to sleep with that smell. The hotel got an air purifier in, it didn’t help much. I was hoping not to move rooms but I relented. The manager got me a room next door and the situation was better. But in the morning, the cigarette smell creeped in again. At least I got a night of sleep in but I can’t stand it.
2. Some weird thing happened in the bathtub. I was running a bath then all of a sudden the water stopped and then it started blurting out brown water then returned to normal. Had to clean and run the bath again.

I left the hotel early. I couldn’t stand the cigarette smell in my room. The concierge was feeling sorry about that, the service personnel were all very nice. However, maybe they need a more efficient way of managing the cigarette smell situation.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Tong Wick, 销售 at Le Méridien Shanghai, Minhang, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2023

Dear guest, thank you for staying at Le Meridien Shanghai Minhang and sharing your feedback with us. We’re sorry to hear that your stay experience was not satisfactory. Smoking in hotel rooms is strictly prohibited in Shanghai. Our team will look into this situation accordingly, and supervise closely to make sure it won’t happen again. Once again, we sincerely apologize and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.