Kapitan Kongsi Hotel
  • Pool
Ibis Melaka(Melaka)(Great Value!)
Rosa Malacca(Melaka)
TripAdvisor
Casa del Rio Melaka(Melaka)
The Majestic Malacca(Melaka)
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewskailanboutique hotelperanakan foodtown areanewly developed areacombi vanexterior and interiorfriendly front desk staffbasic toiletries providednew developmentcar park lotsbaba nyonyapremier kingolden daysantique furnituresno liftcomfortable bed
Reviewed 7 March 2018

We stayed there for 2 nights. Love the concept of the hotel and every places is just nearby within the hotel. Rooms are clean and its comfy too. A very good opportunity for photographer as they have a nice design in the hotel. Planing to travel again

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Indra2310
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 3 days 2 nights. The hotel was amazing. Located near to centre, not too crowded. There’s cool cafes near the area. Would definitely stay here again!

But there are few things that need to improve:
- We book the hotel in booking.com but we were told that we made a double booking. They asked us to cancel the other booking but how can we know since we only book for one room. They need to check with booking.com team instead of asking us to cancel it; one of the staff said, they don’t know because they receive 2 bookings. Please check with the other side next time.
- The staff asked if we needed an iron/hair dryer. Very generous of them, but when we chose the iron, staff said that the iron board is out of stock but asked us to iron on the table provided instead. how can we iron on the table without any cover? Who does that? Our room located opposite the utility room, and we saw an iron board at the utility room and took it anyway. I think the staff name is Ayu. But next time, please don’t recommend something that is not sure.
- The room service did not give a towel replacement after done for make up room. We need to call and ask for the towel. But thank you for the fast service.

Other than that, everything is good.
- King bed was comfy
- Room environment is nice
- loving the hotel vibe
- convenient

I did not mean to bash, don’t get me wrong, the hotel was amazing. Would definitely stay there again but there are few things that needed to improve. Overall, was a GOOD experience staying in Kapitan Kongsi Hotel. Thank you.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel. Every corner is a good photo opportunity. There is a night market which sells preloved items nearby and I think it should be a tourist attraction on its own here.

I was happy with the interior deco of the room, the comfy bed and the clean linen. The toilet is very clean with plush towels.

However I feel that the big toilet is a waste of space as the room is very small. The bed is also quite short because my feet could touch the end of the bed and I am 5'4".

There are a lot of parking space and dedicated ones to the hotel but when I tried parking my car there, it seems that I need to remove the cones myself rather than the people who are working there who were seen sitting around, talking.

The hotel cafe also do not serve breakfast when I was there on Sunday at 9.00 am. The good thing is that they let me use the premise if I had food with me.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Not sure how this hotel got a good rating. We were looking forward to checking into this hotel during cny. We were taken to a room that is small but was still alright. Until I saw hair on the pillow and realised all pillows and sheet hasn't been changed. They smell of smelly oily hair and it was disgusting. We made a complain and was taken to a so called "better room" and it was unbelievable. The room was dark and the entire wall right infront of the bed was mouldy! And housekeeper said it was a paint problem. We couldn't stay the night and demanded cancellation of our reservation immediately.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Early check in around 9.30am was a bonus. Front desk staff was friendly and efficient. King bed was very comfortable with 4 soft pillows. Room was little small but enough for 2. Bathroom had ants on the walls, and could be cleaner. Basic toiletries provided. Strong hot shower. Mini fridge and wardrobe. LED TV on the wall. Sockets next to the bed. Bottled water given daily. Good local breakfast included. No iron or hairdryer but can request. Quiet location and yet just 2km to jonker Street. Lovely baba nyonya decor all over the hotel. All staff were friendly and polite. Special thanks to Nani who took good care of us on the second morning during breakfast. Should consider changing those big table lamps to a smaller ones because they take out too much space on the side tables. Air-conditioning was good and quiet. Room as pictured. Free parking onsite with attendant at night. Highly recommended!

suggestions to the management:
a) improve cleanliness of bathroom, stains at the bottom of the shower cubicle and drain not working fast enough.
b) fix a toiletries holder on the bathroom wall, this costs a few ringgit only. I had to put my toiletries on the floor.
c) appreciate and reward your staff - they're great!

Room Tip: pay a little more for a king bed. Room 302 on the 2nd floor, quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple