All reviews space camp the concierge lounge m club space rocket center bit dated indoor outdoor pool an older hotel lobby bar common areas breakfast buffet business trip staff was very friendly and helpful bed was very comfortable bridge street oatmeal nasa conference
Reviewed 16 July 2018

We stayed here for one night in order to attend our son's graduation from Space Camp early the next morning. My intention of staying here was the convenience factor. I kind of wish I had read the reviews for this hotel before booking our stay. The staff is incredibly friendly but the hotel itself is very dated. They were updating rooms on the floor on which we stayed and we had to walk over paper that was taped down to protect the carpet and endure some strange "construction" smells on the floor. Not the best welcome. The room itself was comfortable but oddly set-up. The bathroom was dated and felt less than clean because of shoddy paint touch-ups over the years.

My husband and I attempted to eat breakfast in the restaurant early the next morning but ended up leaving to find a Starbucks. The table was not clean, there were fingerprints and a dead fly on it. The booth itself felt like springs were broken in it. We sat at our table for almost ten minutes before anyone even attempted to take our order or get drinks for us. We just decided to leave.

Overall, it was fine for one night but I don't think we'll stay here again in the future. The common areas have been brought into the 20th century but the rooms themselves need some attention. The staff was the shining factor for this hotel. But the dated rooms and lack of cleanliness in the restaurant really dimmed the experience for us.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2018

This was my second trip to Huntsville and my second hotel in that town. I am a die hard Marriott customer. I will go out of my way to stay at a Marriott b/c I love their properties and I have been collecting reward points for years. So, I have stayed at a lot of Marriotts across America. This property is an enigma wrapped in a riddle. From the outside it looks like I should hear disco music and see people wear flared polyester leisure suits. BUT, enter the lobby and it is awesome. The lounge is great (thank you Curt for being so attentive in the mornings!). The breakfast very nicely done (not sure I'd pay for it but included it in my rewards level and its awesome). The gym is large, spacious and well equipped. The staff is OUTSTANDING, and I mean OUTSTANDING (thank you Lashawna(sp?) and Jessica at the front desk). The staff is attentive, pleasant, helpful, and should be acknowledged for their hospitality. The Internet connectivity was excellent. Speedy and without outages.The Great Room is a neat place to hang and read or work on your computer.

But, here is wear things go south. The elevators are slow. The current floor indicator doesn't work on all floors on all cars. The button panel on one car moves when you press the floor selection, i mean like an inch. Yikes.

Rooms: The carpeting, while not worn, always feels damp. The air in the room always feels damp (don't think its an AL thing. My stay just 3 weeks prior at another chains property was not like this). The AC seemed to be working fine and produced cold air but must not be removing moisture correctly. My first night there I had to request maintenance to change the batteries in my room safe (thanks for having that. excellent feature), and fix a slow draining tub which started to fill as I showered. Maintenance was quick to respond and resolve the issues. The mini-fridge was set very warm. 48 hours after setting it colder I had frost on the freezer metal but items just never got truly cold. Odd. The rooms are clean, just tired in some aspects, mainly furniture and carpets. Also, one morning I had to crunch a cockroach on the sink counter. But, it is the south. The TV was old too, but this is nit-picky. I love having a TV with a USB port to plug in a drive with movies. I'm not a night life person so after my work activities, I tend to just hang out in the hotel and relax with a movie.

Would I stay here again? I don't know. In some respects I loved it (location, staff, lobby, lounge) but in others not enough to return. The property needs a good infusion of updating to the rooms and some infrastructure to meet expected Marriott standards for this level property. It wouldn't take much to push this property to 5 stars. The location is awesome and the staff top shelf. Fix up the tired elements and dated infrastructure and you got something. I mean, who wouldn't want an Apollo rocket a few hundred yards down the road from your hotel?

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Bill H, General Manager at Huntsville Marriott at the Space & Rocket Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Mark D,

Please accept my apologies for failing to meet your expectations during your recent visit. We take our guest's feedback very seriously- both positive and negative.

Warm Regards,

Bill Hofmann

Reviewed 4 July 2018

Rooms were a little worn, dog eared, but clean. Staff was great, nothing but polite and helpful. Very nice concierge lounge, much appreciated. Loved the lounges breakfast, perfect. Price for stay based the condition of the rooms, not so good. Would stay again though on next trip. PS: Gretchen in sales department is EXCELLENT, thank you for your assistance in helping organize our next stay (with conference room).

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel the night before my 50th birthday. I was meeting a friend I had not seen in a long time and we were reconnecting… It was a very important night for me. The staff at the hotel went so far above and beyond what they had to do to make my night special… I truly think that’s the model for how guests should be treated. Thank you Huntsville Marriott… You’ll always have a place in my heart for how good you treated us.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Every member of the staff that we talked to was very friendly and very helpful! The room was very cool and that made the night very good! The location is very good and made it very easy to get around town to do anything that you wanted. The pool was nice with the ability go swim indoor or outdoor. The bathrooms were outdated and could use some upgrading to bring the hotel fully into the Marriott name. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family