Review Highlights
Kids loved the animals

Close contact with the animals was great, specially for the kids. More natural habitat than most... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
phillipb125
Lebanon, Tennessee
Worth the trip

This place is a hoot- don’t listen to the negative reviews. It’s a laugh a minute as various... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Spiegs1968
Huntsville, Alabama
via mobile

All reviews reptile house bison feed the animals drive thru car window stick their heads car wash free bucket laughed so hard love animals food pellets long horn porta potties great drive throw food exotic animals cash or check
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My girlfriend and I had an absolute blast while here. The animals are fun to feed, and even more fun to just watch. They swarmed our car looking for food and some of the animals are tall enough to stick their head into my Explorer. I would recomend taking a car you don't mind being slighty scratched. Since the animals will get close and personal. We had an aboslute blast while we were there, and my face was hurting from laughing to hard. I highly recomend this attraction, but take consideration about the car you bring to this safari.

3  Thank Jiklor
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Where do I start? First, they really need a website. The first day we tried to go there, all we could find was "open till dusk". We arrived at 6:08 PM (plenty of sunshine left) and were told that the last car through was 6PM. Poo. Also, surprise, they only take cash.
Came back the next day with plenty of time and cash. $7/person and $5/bucket of food. We bought 2 and that was plenty.
We could hardly get through the gate and there animals already begging. It was so fun.
One thing to be aware of is that your car could very easily get damaged. From the long horn cow, to the crazy fence crashing zebra, there are multiple opportunities for something bad to happen. That being said. We haven't laughed this much in a long time. It was really fun to feed the animals. Some of the animals seemed sniffly and sneezy, particularly the big horn sheep and the deer. :(
The kangaroo that you have to walk to visit is slightly creepy. I think he needs a partner as he has some neurotic issues.

One last note. The bathroom is literally an outhouse. It has a huge moon carved out right where anyone can see you on the potty. Had to have my husband stand guard because there weren't any other bathroom choices for about 5 miles.

Date of experience: August 2012
7  Thank BrananMike
Reviewed 11 August 2012

It was fun to drive and have the animals come right up to your vehicle. The kids stood thru the sunroof and LOVED it. E\We went around the park several times stopping at the places the kids seemed to like the best...

3  Thank Dianne R
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We were killing time in Huntsville last week and decided to give the safari a try. Me and my sister took our kids there (ages 13 and 11). When we arrived, the lady at the gate (not sure if she owned the place) told us all the rules to follow and wasn't very nice about it. My son (11) had his phone out to shoot video of the animals and she snapped at him in a very mean way not to film her! If you can look over her attitude when you enter, it is definitely an experience! The animals are very aggressive and run to your car looking for food. If you drive a nice car, be ready for the deer or sheep to jump on the doors if you don't throw the food out quick enough! Other than the rude lady at the gate and the many scratches down the side of my truck, we laughed harder than we have in years! We all had fun and would recommend people go!

1  Thank CBANE
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We went to the Harmony Park Safari this morning. What a fun time. It was $7/per person. So we paid $35 for 5 people and that included a bucket of animal treats. It is a fairly small animal park that you drive thru and you can feed the animals from inside your car.. The animals are used to cars/people driving around them. You are supposed to open your windows 8" maximum. If you open your windows more than that, the animals WILL put their head directly into you car to get food. You can drive around the park as often as you want to see all the animals or to get better pictures. My kids (ages 6,8, &11) had a really fun time. After you are done driving around the park, you can park your car and go into a small reptile house. They also have turtles, kangaroos, & a couple of kinds of monkeys. The whole experience took about 2 hours. It was a really fun way to spend a morning. Highly recommend it!

Date of experience: August 2012