“Good cafeteria style food ”
Review of Paw Paw Patch

Paw Paw Patch
Ranked #28 of 96 Restaurants in Homewood
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit. The place was packed as my understanding is it’s a local favorite. The food was delicious and the choices would satisfy about anyone. Definitely would try other items on my next trip.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Well, what a surprise. We wanted a simple enjoyable country meal and found it at PawPaw Patch. The variety in selection of meats, fish and chicken with a whole host of vegetables exceeded what Mother could offer on the supper table as we were growing up. Just to point out one vegetable Mother never had that I love is Brussel Sprouts. If you grew up like I did you will kick yourself when you realize you have missed out on such a great restaurant that is blessed with good service and very fare prices. Do yourself a favor and give it a try.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

I had business in the Homewood area. I had not been here in years. Remembered the food was cafeteria style and good food. I arrived a few minutes to 11 am. There was already a line forming. When door was open I immediately wet into ladies restroom to wash my hands. Bathroom was dirty & smelled fowl. So obviously hadn’t been cleaned. Went thru cafeteria line, the ladies serving were very nice and accommodating. Sat at a table and was never asked if I wanted something to drink. I tried to motion to waitresses that were standing at end of cafeteria line. There body language was that of “that’s not my table.” I looked at table next to me and man was acting as if he was choking from lack of something to drink. I then got up walked over to ladies )servers) standing doing nothing; and ask if I could please have some tea. This time they said; “ that’s not my table.” I just don’t understand that concept! You have guest in your restaurant. Please be kind and serve them.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

My parents were hungry. We got off the freeway and saw the usual fast foods then my dad saw this place. It is cafeteria style, pick your meat or fish, your sides, bread and desserts. The dining room waitress gets your drinks and writes up your ticket and you pay on the way out. It is a huge place and it was full for lunch. Get your southern home cooking on!

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

I thought the Paw Paw Patch is a wonderful place to go. They have such wonderful food. If you love a good meat and vegetables place then you would love this one. They are very reasonable. They have so many choices to chose from. I highly recommend this. They have some of the best food around.