““BBQ at its best””

Saw's BBQ
Ranked #2 of 96 Restaurants in Homewood
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Finally had the opportunity to experience this establishment! Had read and heard about this place for years. Gosh! Really amazing! We ordered the ribs ( second only to Dreamland) and pork sandwiches along with all of their first rate sides. Mac and cheese, green beans, turnips, baked beans, and deviled eggs! We all felt it was a truly great dining experience! I hope I can return soon! Great service as well!

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Went here for dinner while in the Birmingham area. Ordered the sampler platter with Ribs, Pulled Pork and Smoked Chicken. All 3 items were awesome, they were tender, juicy and delicious. Finished it off with some banana pudding which was some of the tastiest I’ve ever had. Go hungry and leave satisfied!

Reviewed 11 October 2018

I was in Dixie on a golf trip and was tipped off about this place. What the heck, group of 4 went in. Don't be fooled by the outside and size.. Folk's. this place is amazing. The food was beyond excellent!! As we ate on the Friday night in early October 2018 the line started forming to get in. They took care of each patron in a timely fashion. My only complaint was, that was my last night there or I would have returned. I had the ribs, with beans and mac and cheese... I would recommend this to anyone. I gave 5 start because 6 were not available!! We did order and took some sauce home.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Visited this place Labor Day weekend. Ordered the smoked chicken sandwich. I was suspicious when the food arrived and the chicken was just pale looking. Then I bit into it. Even if there was no other seasoning, and it wasn't, chicken that has been smoked should not be flavorless. Thank goodness for the vinegary tasting BBQ sauce. Chicken was so bad it mad their sauce taste good. Go to Costas! Their food was delicious, less expensive and larger portion sizes!

Reviewed 17 September 2018

I was staying in a hotel and did not wish to dine in so ordered a pulled pork sandwich with slaw as a side, banana pudding and sweet tea to go. The line was out of the door when I arrived in front of the building and it stayed that way the entire time I was inside. The tables inside were full and folks didn't seem to mind the wait to order. The sandwich was full of flavor and I enjoyed my 2nd barbecue night in Birmingham.