Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$128
View deal
Expedia
Agoda.comUS$128
Trip.com
FindHotel
All reviews large breakfast area choice hotels east beach rooms are spacious large tv wearing masks the hotel is clean parking lot is nice room convenient location free breakfast cleanliness internet accommodations balcony floor vacation
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 April 2021

We tried to book numerous vacation rentals for our weekend at Gulf Shores, but invariably they were all cancelled due to the recent Hurricane Sally and rebuilding still going on. So we ended up settling for the Comfort Inn and Suites, as they had rooms available. The hotel is located on the east side of Gulf Shores, near the state park, and a bit away from the very busy and loud center of town. We liked the quiet, yet convenient location. The hotel was clean, as was our room. Housekeeping was limited, but there was still more done than at most hotels we have stayed at during the COVID pandemic. The bed was very comfortable. The room had a nice lanai with a partial ocean view. There was a bit of a breakfast offered, although it was pretty limited... mostly just waffle machines and carbs. Everyone was very friendly except for the desk clerk on the morning we checked out. She was not unfriendly, just seemed intent on doing and saying as little as possible. We did not use the pool, although it seemed busy at times. The beach is across the street - very convenient.
Of course price factors into any review. Had this been a less expensive hotel, I would be giving it 5 stars. However, for the price, which was a bit high, combined with the morning desk clerk and the meager breakfast, I can only give 4 stars.

Room tip: The rooms with Lanai’s and partial beach view are nice.
Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank surfercharlie
Reviewed 5 April 2021

Just stayed with my wife and our dog at the Comfort Inn & Suites Gulf Shores. Nice modern hotel with attentive staff. Very nice and updated room. Property is well maintained with plenty of parking.
My only complaint is the outer door near the back parking lot is kept unlocked 24 hrs. There’s no card reader outside so the door is just left unlocked.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 13 February 2021 via mobile

Staff was super friendly and accommodating. Room was very clean and comfortable. Hotel was quiet and i would absolutely stay here again. Parking was easy, on-site and free. Morning sunrise was priceless.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2021

The staff was friendly and typically helpful. The room was clean, up to date and had multiple features I like, fridge and microwave. The room was small but was exactly what i needed for my short stay. I was concerned by the lack of safety in regards to covid. The staff were inconsistent wearing masks and when I asked them I was told by one staff member that she had asthma and could not wear one and then stated we have a policy but we "don't really follow it". I saw none of the environmental service staff wearing masks and they went into my room to make the bed. Multiple guest did not wear mask, nor were they ask to put them on. I found zero hand sanitizer in the lobby, but i was handed a small bottle by unmasked hotel staff. During a pandemic I would rely on the hotel management to make sure that a policy as simple as wearing a mask could to done to protect the safety of the guest.

Room tip: The area is beautiful but the views are mostly of house. I would suggest beach view if possible
Date of stay: January 2021
3  Thank feelsass
Reviewed 30 January 2021 via mobile

The people at this hotel are very friendly. It is right across the street from the beach, which makes it easy to walk to. The breakfast was nice while still being COVID friendly. We had a balcony that you could see the ocean from.

The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5, is because there was urine in the toilet when we arrived. Ew.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrsAweso