Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$128
View deal
Hotels.comUS$128
Agoda.comUS$128
ExpediaUS$128
Trip.comUS$128
ZenHotels.comUS$128
TripadvisorUS$128
All reviews perch state park valet parking self park food craft park view beautiful hotel rocking chairs conference center wearing masks free bikes parking lot ping pong pool side king room bunk beds fishing pier
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 September 2021

Stayed only 2 nights. Liked this hotel quite a bit. Great location and great amenities. All front desk personnel were very helpful. One complaint. Lounge chairs by the pool are really nasty looking. I wouldn't sit on them even with a towel under me. I would think it would only take a few minutes to get them clean but obviously it hadn't been done in a very long time if ever. I would stay at this hotel again but would bring my own chair for relaxing at the pool.

1  Thank boanro
The Lodge Public Relations, Guest Services / Front Office at The Lodge at Gulf State Park, a Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2021

Hi boanro,
Thank you for choosing The Lodge and thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you loved our ideal beachfront location inside gorgeous Gulf State Park and our array of amenities.
We apologize the pool lounge chairs were not cleaned to their traditional standards. We understand how that would affect your poolside experience. Thanks again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 9 September 2021

Room AC was non functional. Front desk refused to help. We were told to find the maintenance team. We did not find anyone from maintenance. Front desk still refused to help. No AC for the entire 5 night stay.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank mikeduc0te
The Lodge Public Relations, Guest Services / Front Office at The Lodge at Gulf State Park, a Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2021

Hi mikeduc0te,
We apologize we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. We understand the AC not functioning properly affected your stay with us. This is uncharacteristic of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 8 September 2021

I love the hotel. Will most likely go back. Great location & view. Lots to do. Enjoyed bike riding, walking, the balcony view, coffee shop.
I didn’t like dogs were there but I understand it was because of evacuees. We left home without electricity as well. Also the Chef at the Perch wasn’t friendly and didn’t speak. Other than that staff was great. Shout out to Sarah, Jake and the guy who helped with our luggage.

1  Thank Jenngail71
The Lodge Public Relations, Guest Services / Front Office at The Lodge at Gulf State Park, a Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2021

Hi Culture,
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you experienced a great getaway with us, and liked our hotel facilities, awesome views and outdoor activities.
We regret to hear that not all interactions with our associates was pleasing, however we appreciate your compliments for Sarai and Jake. We will be sure to relay your kind words to them.
Thanks again. We look forward to greeting you again soon!

Reviewed 7 September 2021

Evacuated from ida and did not think they were very accommodating for us since we were evacuated because of no power at home….it’s outrageous that other nice hotels offered extremely inexpensive rates and Hilton basically overcharged me for our stay.

1  Thank rbezou43
The Lodge Public Relations, Guest Services / Front Office at The Lodge at Gulf State Park, a Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2021

Hi rbezou,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy. The Lodge was pleased to offer an evacuee rate beginning on the day of Ida and extended until the beginning of Labor Day weekend. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 5 September 2021

I love the location of this hotel being set away from everything. At the same time, it would be nice to be able to walk to other restaurants and shops, but that's ok. If you're looking for a quiet place set away from commercial areas, this is it. It's so nice that this is in the heart of the park and you can walk to trails or rent bikes. Excellent beach and pool. Comfy bed, I slept so well! I'm on a mommy moon, treating myself after surviving a C section and being laid off whilst having my first child. She's a year now, and I wanted to take her, but wasn't going to chance it with rising COVID cases. I owed this to myself. I slept for 10 hours! I can't hear other guests. I love the fact that the restaurant has live music. Huge bathroom. Walmart is just 6 minutes away. I love the digital key option. The water around labor day is like bathwater. You'd never know that a hurricane and tropical storm just came through. I do wish that my room had a balcony and that the parking was closer. I could see the parking area being a tough thing for anyone with small children who cannot walk yet, but valet is an option for $20 per day which is honestly super cheap compared to big cities like Chicago, NY, or my hometown of Indianapolis where Valet will set you back $40-50 per day, over $100 in larger cities. Also, the flooring here is like a jute rug type which can be a bit rough on the feet, but understandable because I'm sure it works better for people who are coming from the beach and pool with sandy feet. Not a big deal, just bring your flippy floppies or some slippers. Every room has a great view and you're not looking at another hotel, which I love. The state park inns in my home state are super old and gross, so this was so nice. I think it's really cool that other rooms have bunk beds. This is clearly a hotel for young families. If you're a resort snob and expect zero kids around, then simply keep driving. Don't dog on this place if you didn't clearly read the description or look at the photos. If you do have a family, the mini fridge situation could be a bit small for you if you're wanting to save money by having breakfast and lunch in your room. If you're driving with a young family, I'd suggest bringing a cooler. Not sure if the family rooms have bigger fridges. Also, if you're driving, bring your own chairs and umbrella. The chair and umbrella rental is a bit steep I think, at $40 per day, but it is keeping a local business running. My yankee skin can only stand laying out for an hour or two so I did not splurge for umbrella or chair rental. I also think as large as this place is, the pool could be bigger, but I'm sure you can only do so much building on a sandy site. Either way, I'm recommending this place to everyone I know and plan to return with my family when my kiddo is a little older and can walk.

Room tip: Some rooms don't have balconies, but every floor has a community balcony, if you want a balcony, ask for it.
1  Thank IndyRunner1984
The Lodge Public Relations, Guest Services / Front Office at The Lodge at Gulf State Park, a Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2021

Hi IndyRunner,
Wow! Thank you so much for your detailed review! We are thrilled to hear you loved your mommy getaway with us!
Our ideal beachfront location inside beautiful Gulf State Park is our number one amenity, with no condo towers or buildings on either side of The Lodge.
We understand your concern with parking. With parking located on the west side of the hotel grounds, no guest rooms overlook the parking lot. All guest rooms have one of two spectacular views…either the majestic Gulf of Mexico or gorgeous Gulf State Park and Lake Shelby. We do apologize if the walk seemed excessive.
As you mentioned, the beach chairs and umbrellas are handled by a third party, Ike’s Rentals. Two beach chairs and an umbrella are $40 for one day, $70 for two days.
We appreciate your additional postive feedback regarding the hiking and biking trails in Gulf State Park across the street, comfortable bed, proximity to shopping, spacious bathroom, digital key entry, live music at Perch, awesome views of the Gulf and the state park, bunk beds in many of the rooms and our family-friendly atmosphere.
Thank you for your recommendation! We look forward to greeting you with a smile again soon!