“Great food”

Opal Inn Restaurant
Ranked #325 of 6,905 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Adyar
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Amazing restaurant with a lovely ambience. I love the fish sizzlers at this place. So good and tasty.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Opal Inn is one of the most popular restaurants in Chennai. I have been going here from young. My favourite restaurant ever. A must visit restaurant in Chennai.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Went back here after 20 years, for a reunion with friends who picked the restaurant. This place used to be known for sizzlers.

Menu is the usual mixture of Chinese, and Indian. Had a range of dishes, prawn fish and lamb. Food was ok, not bad but nothing great either. Buts it’s still popular with a set crowd for sizzlers.

Decor and service were ok. Overall, just about average.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

Visited today with my mother. She ordered an egg paratha, and I ordered a Chinese Chop Suey with a chilly prawn. Her paratha was bland and terrible. My Chop Suey was mediocre at best. I was trying to relive my college memories but was sadly let down. There was not enough sauce in the Chop Suey as I remembered it. But it was eatable unlike the egg paratha. The chilly prawns were good. What ticked me off was the extra charges for packing the leftovers. I have traveled extensively in India, the Europe and USA but this was the first time I've encountered this. It

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

This restaurant has been a popular choice for many years and they did not fail to deliver when I visited with my family. The food was delicious and the portions were perfect. There was value for money. The service was good. The decor is nothing to rave about but the quality of the food makes up for it. Whether as a couple or as a family this restaurant serves all as the seating is designed to seat different sized groups. There is limited parking available. As the restaurant is located off the main road one can park on the nearby streets.