2,241 results
All reviews rooftop bar aer bar san qi corner room sea view top floor sea link excellent hotel in room dining room service business hotel nariman point luxury hotel business trip south mumbai rooms are spacious excellent stay
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Being an ardent admirer of hotels, I travel around the world making sure I personally select the hotel based on many aspects. 1. Location 2. Prestige/ Brand name 3. Interiors 4. General opinion of others about the hotel. I am mentally prepared to pay a bomb and I am sure as hell that it will be compensated through seamless service. I am a sucker for perfection which is why I tend to choose brands. Four Seasons is one of my favorites. I stayed at Four Seasons Bombay for 2 nights (Apr 17-Apr 19 2018). Getting straight to the points-
1. First impression- overcrowded, cramped. I am ready to let go this point considering its Bombay. Crowd is way of life.
2. First impression of room- clean to the naked eye but not so much for a scrutinizing eye like mine.
a. Fresh toilet roll was not folded into a triangle suggesting it has been used by someone before me. Not a pleasant experience to feel someone has just emptied the room for you in a rushed manner.
b. lousy patch work done to fill in gaps in the corners of cabinet in washroom area. Totally un-branded stuff.
c. Bed not smelling good at all. There was a persistent damp smell to it through out my stay. Couldnt we use some light fragrance? It is summer and this is Four Seasons- remind me of any season except the damp monsoon of Bombay.
d. Some repair work was going on in the room right above my room. No apologies were made nor any warnings.
e. Bathroom matts were white. White colors bring a lot of responsibility and much to my disappointment, I saw it was worn out, threads coming off from corners. Also I felt the two square matts placed in washroom were a bit out of place with little sense of aesthetics.
3. In-room coffee/tea making section curiously had weird sachets of coffee. Big ones, no brand mentioned on it. Looked like it was a part of a bigger family saver pack! This kind of blew me off.
4. Pool area- since its on 3rd floor and there is much construction going around the place, there is no privacy. This is ok, but nothing is being done about it is what is sad. So a guest like me sat there and watched pigeons having a dip and sip of the pool. No music in that area to lift up the already plunging spirits!
5. Overall there was just absence of good smell in the entire hotel. Is it because I come from Dubai where the hotels are impeccable and I am being a little too demanding? I dont think so. This is Four Seasons, irrespective of the location, there must be a consistency. Thats the purpose, no?

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Four Seasons
FSHM, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for your feedback further to your recent stay with us and apologise for not meeting your expectations and living upto the reputation of the Four Seasons brand.

I do hope that you will visit us again and give us the opportunity to welcome you back for a true Four Seasons experience.

Jasjit Assi

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We overnighted and this hotel was a great introduction to the quality of service that can be received in India.
Airport pickup was efficient. Automatic check in was an excellent add on service.
Room was comfortable with a bath.
Very helpful concierge service who assisted in arranging transfers with other hotels and flight checkins.
Great overall experience for an affordable price. Would definitely stay again and recommend it to friends.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
FSHM, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for your feedback further to your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to know that your stay with us was 'top class' and thank you for recognizing specific aspects of our service and facilities that made a difference during your stay with us.

Thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

Wonderful hotel, with absolutely fantastic service. The concierge desk really helped us to maximize our time in Mumbai recommending great local restaurants and sites as well as tips on how to move around the city. The Spa was outstanding. The gym is really nice and the pool is good. Our room was very nice, very comfortable. The breakfast was amazing. The staff are so well trained, and so very helpful and kind... you do feel like you are with family. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: ocean view is very impressive
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback further to your recent stay with us. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit with us, from the room accommodations and breakfast spread, to your time at the Spa and the attentive and personalised service provided by the hotel team.

Thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back for yet another true Four Seasons experience.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

I will probably never return to this hotel if I ever end up in Mumbai again.

I cant even start to tell you how disappointed I was with this hotel.

1. The hotel looks NOTHING like the photos provided online
2. The pool is so quiet, and has so many crows that they have hired a person to scare them away. Not to mention that the pool is overlooked by a few slum buildings, so imagine how you would feel if your family was at the pool half naked while people who unfortunately cannot afford the hotel overlook you. Its very sad, it almost makes your feel pretty bad.
3. We booked this hotel purely for the fact that it had the highest level bar in Mumbai with the best view, but the hotel failed to mention anywhere on their pages that alcohol is not served at the bar on that top floor due to the fact that a legislation had been passed a month before. (A warning would have been great)
4. I am sure you are aware of the smog problem in India, well we had an Arabian sea view room, guess if we saw the Arabian sea??? (no we did not)
5. There is a cremation yard across the street from the hotel, which honestly just makes the place a little creepy.
6. Also the A/C in our room wasn't working well, it would work at some time and not at others.

I do however have to say that the staff at the hotel was mostly proper and nice. They provided my friend and I a good service but this hotel seriously needs some help getting up to the standard of human beings who like to have some level of luxury.

It is the Four Seasons but honestly I felt like I was staying at a Hilton, it felt more like a budget hotel.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, which is a shame because I love other Four Seasons hotels.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel, its not worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Koocharianjetsetter
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and we had read a lot of great reviews about the level of service and facilities on offer and it really did not disappoint! The hotel staff will really go above and beyond to make your stay amazing. We were on our honeymoon and it was my birthday so they arranged for cake, flowers and a few romantic touches. The suite was fantastic, we were offered a choice of room and we asked for a high floor, which they gave to us. The gym facilities are the best that I have ever used in a hotel and the spa treatments were of a very high level (they gave me a free 30 minute treatment) but they are quite expensive but that goes with the territory. San Qi, the adjoining restaurant is very nice, it has the same level of service as the rest of the hotel but is quite a lot more expensive than anywhere we had eaten in India however, the food was delicious. The best part was the breakfast, if you are going to stay here, make sure you get the breakfast as there is everything you could ever want! The staff are very attentive and quick to react to requests, if I could give it 10 stars, out of 5, I would. Overall, you pay a lot for this amount of luxury and it is so worth it!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
FSHM, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback further to your recent visit with us. I am delighted to know that your stay with us on the occasion of your honeymoon and birthday was an enjoyable one, from the room accommodation and special touches, to your experience at the Spa, Gym, SanQi and your breakfast experience.

I appreciate your recognition of the efforts by the hotel team and it does inspire us to keep raising our levels of service through innovation and understanding our guests even more. Knowing that we have succeeded in making you feel welcome, is what keeps us going and what drives us to do better every day. We have always said that our people are our most important asset, and your favourable comments certainly confirm that belief.

I look forward to your next visit and to welcoming you back for yet another true Four Seasons experience.