“Best Vegetarian food!”

Spice Republic Green
Ranked #2,557 of 15,135 Restaurants in Mumbai
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A M B I A N C E

Just 5 mins away from the borivali station - Walkable. Huge bicycle wall art on the entrance. The interiors are funky, lit and the wall arts, tables, the chairs all are pretty cool. Nice use of lights. We visited around 8 pm on tuesday and the place was getting filled real quick. This place has a nice vibe.

F O O D

Note : ♥️ - Highly Recommended.

We started of with a few drinks - Mocktails.

Blue sky - Peru Chilli pyala - deconstructed peach basil caprioska - Pink lady : The drinks needs bit of an improvement, then they'll be a hit. Full points for the presentation.

Moving on to the food, I had heard alot about this place for veg food,

♥️ Fusion Confusion : Totally a hit! Nacho cups filled with paneer bhurji mixed with salsa, cheese, jalapenos and I also got the taste of sour cream with a hint of chilly mayo.

Mini Naan Bombs : Cheese filled naan balls, it was tasting much better than I anticipated.

Pizza Pop Fries : A pizza with fries as a substitute to the bread, topped with veggies and cheese. I feel it would be more convenient to eat if served in a plate rather than a bowl. The taste was quite good, fries were quite crisp!

Mexican Nacho Fries : Classic nachos with beans, and fries. Topped with cheese sauces. Loved the nachos.

Paneer Makhani Kulcha : At first I thought they are Quesadillas, the kulchas had prominent paneer makhani taste, the cheese dip was just perfect.

♥️ Arabian Fondue : Amazing dish. The texture of the fondue was just so creamy and yum. Served with pita bread, sauteed veggies and potato wedges.

♥️ Khandvi Au Gratin : What a dish it was! Never had anything like this before - Amazing work, the khandvi was blending so well with cheese, served with two garlic breads which I wished them to be more crisp.

Mediterranean Pizza : I was disappointed with this one, the base was kinda not cooked well, which was tasting not good at all, the veggies and cheese was proper. Please look into this.

Mexican Cottage Cheese Shashlik : A sizzler you shouldn't miss, the paneer was nice, soft and had a nice marination. Rice was so good.

Chocolate Soup : Don't get confused over the name, this is a Chocolate fondue served with mini bar cakes, fruits and cookies. Amazing presentation. They should change the name of the dish I suggest.

S E R V I C E

The staff was very welcoming and courteous, service was prompt. This is one of the best places in borivali to have veg food - y'all will definitely have a pleasant experience! Go for it! Cheers!

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

I went to this place yesterday with my 3 friends. It is a cool place with nice ambience and good seating arrangement. Service is good but when we come to food it is quite disappointing with relatively higher cost per dish. We had ordered Hot Garlic Paneer from starters and Chinese chilly fries, these were quite good. I found quantity for Hot Garlic Paneer less nevertheless I am not complaining as at least it was good for my taste buds. Next we ordered Peru Chili pyaala which I thought will be equivalent to Guava Chilly but it was disastrous. First it came so late that our food was almost done. And to make it worst, they gave us Guava juice sprinkled with good amount of Red Chilly Powder and I am not kidding here. Next we had ordered Vada Pav Fondue but that too was sad. They offered us potato wedges with stir fry veggies and pav with cheesy dip. Oh ya, the cheesy dip had 4 bite sized potato Vadas as they have said on menu vada pav filling. Next was dessert for which we ordered Life and Death by chocolate which was good though quantity is less.
Overall, I feel it's an average restaurant when comes to food and little heavier for pocket for the quality and quantity it gives.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

We reserved through Eazy dinner and were offered 15 % discount. A very nice ambience and seating area. Even the washroom looks as if we have entered a kitchen.

We were 4 of us and we ordered : Tom Yum Soup (Average), Tex Mex Foundue (Good), Palak Paneer and Naan (Good) Republic Vada Pav Burger (Below Average) and Dragon Rice (Very good) & Pink Lady and Mojito Virgin (Very good).

It is not expensive and worth the price. The entire bill came around approximately Rs: 2200. A good experience.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

This is the second joint of Spice republic (first being in Byculla). It is located opposite to Merwans cake. It is easily one of the top 5 vegetarian restaurants in Borivali. It was such a wonderful experience that we visited the restaurant twice that too in a gap of 5 days. The staff is very polite, the interiors are very good and the best part is their food and its display.

We ordered the following: Pink lady (like strawberry milk shake)-4/5, Signature Cheesy Garlic Bread (4/5), Khandvi Au gratin (4/5), Smoky chipotle rice (5/5) and crunchy fried ice cream (2/5). The ice cream first took 20 minutes to be served and was not the worth.

Overall a nice place worth a visit and trust me the price is also economical.