Destino India Tours - Day Tours
Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Perfect

I booked a 22days tour plan to visit India Rajastan states and Kashmire for my parents from Destino... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Explorer739854
via mobile
The best you can get

Mohamed from Destino Tours has offered great service to my parents who travelled to India. He is... read more

Reviewed 19 March 2018
Yasteel K
via mobile

All reviews driver mr foreign country mohammad estilo company airport india journey culture
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I just came back from a 17-days tour in India.

It was a wonderful trip. The program was great and enable us to maximize our stay and see so many incredibles places in Delhi, Jaipur, Agra, Faitepur Sikiria, Vanarasi, Rishikesh and Amristar.

Everything was vey well organized. We had great and super nice drivers that took so good care of us (I was with 2 girlfriends).

In each city we had very interesting guides that enabled us to learn a lot about the country, its culture and history.

When unexpected issues happened (as the cancelation of a train), Mohammad in person, the owner of Destino India Tours, solved the problem right the way.

For a first trip in India, if you want to really enjoy you vacation, not waste time and feel safe, I strongly recommend to go through an agency as India Tour that makes everything easy in a complicated country for foreigners as India.

Do you know how comforting is it when someone is waiting for you when you arrived by train at New Delhi train station!!!!

The formule that proposed India Tours is great, because you are not part of a big group, you have a personalized attention and in the same time you have the sense of adventure, because someone from the tour agency is not always with you.

For me it is really the best option.

Last and not least, the quality/price ratio was really good.

If I can, next year, I will totally trust India Tour to organize me a trip in Tibet and Nepal.

Hope that by opinion would help some of you.

amux2015, Owner at Destino India Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Estrellas

Thanks for your kind words. and we are happy that you are pleased with our services.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

If you want the cheapest, this is definitely the company to go for. But before you rush to make that booking, there are a couple of things you might want to know. If you are ok with this, then by all means, go ahead.
1. Communication between you and the company will be terrible. When a question is asked via whatsapp or email, expect an answer between 2 and 10 days after sending it. Before your trip and during your trip. If you’re used to asking questions like “Is there a market near the hotel where we can do shopping?”, you will get an answer 5 days later saying “Hi”.
That’s all, just “Hi”. If you get anything after the “Hi”, consider yourself lucky.
2. The hotels are on a European 2 star level. Some are cleaner than others, but always remember, you booked the cheapest. So your hotel will be fairly ok, but they save on price because of the area your hotel is in. Expect an industrial or wholesale area when you walk out of your hotel.
3. Because their communication is so bad, expect a lot of surprises. You’ll have a driver one day who tells you he’ll pick you up at 9am the next day. The next morning, a stranger just takes your bags and says “Let’s go”. Believe me when I tell you they could care less about your little situation of having trust issues. Another surprise was that we had to pay petrol money to go to a market “because the company didn’t know the hotels are charging taxes, so the expenses went up”.
4. Talking of communication. We booked into our hotel in Udaipur. It’s on the outskirts, but it’s a nice hotel. The next morning we’re having breakfast. A tour group in the hotel is also having breakfast, but they’re all wearing surgical masks. When our curiosity got the better of us, we asked why. We were informed that someone in the hotel had contracted swine flu the previous day, taken to the hospital and they’re waiting for tests. We marched to reception. All staff were wearing masks. At reception we asked why we weren’t informed about the swine flu or given masks like other guests. They just shrugged. We demanded to stay in another hotel (Destino organised this but was not happy. They booked us into a 1 star in the busiest, noisiest part of the city. But it didn’t have swine flu, so we survived that evening)
5. When leaving Mumbai for Dubai, we were told that we should take a package to give it to somebody in our country who the tour operator knows. I said to my wife that I don’t feel comfortable taking packages. That’s rule number 1 of traveling. But we were assured that everything was above board and that we could open the package if we wanted. When we entered the airport my wife and I looked at the parcel which was handed to us by Destino’s representative. We decided to open it. But there was a catch. The package had 3 layers. Untying the first knot of the plastic bag, there was a thick plastic bag inside, stitched very securely with thick yarn. Once the second bag was opened there was another bag. Upon opening it we found 10 counterfeit handbags with well-known brand names on it. I immediately went to information and asked for customs. They informed me that I had already taken ownership of the bag – I fell for that one yes – and that I must contact the company that gave me the bag as I had no proof of purchase and was in possession of counterfeit goods. After a long discussion / negotiation the bags were destroyed. We almost got ourselves in very big trouble, and we almost missed our flight because of this. I’m just glad customs understood.
We had a good trip. Our (second) driver from Delhi to Udaipur was amazing. He went out of his way to make things easier for us. So if all of this sounds exciting to you, then book away. It really is cheap compared to other companies.

4  Thank AbelWilReis
Reviewed 26 September 2017

When we decided to travel to India I searched the internet and came upon Destino India Tours. The consultant Hargovind Rajak that assisted me was fast with a quotation that suited our budget but he started getting annoying sending me messages on whats app every day till I reached a point where I just started ignoring him. It seems like these people change their cell phone numbers on a regular basis because when the time arrived for me to tie all the knots and finalise our trip I could not get hold of him. That left me with no further option but to contact the owner which I thought he was, Mohammid Tokir but found out later that he was only one of the directors in the company. What a frustration this was. I am not sure whether this is a culture thing but the communication from India was very poor- emails were not answered and messages was read on whats app but for days you will not get any reply to these messages. It frustrated me to a point where I could pull my hair out of my head. Our trip was not all smooth running because we faced some challenges with a hotel or two and then drivers who could not speak a word English but our driver for a duration of 7 days Ajay Kumar was very kind, help full and friendly and we enjoyed our trip with him. On the last day in Mumbai we had some communication with Mohammed Tokir who asked us if we could take a package back to South Africa for one of his customers that visited India on a previous occasion. We agreed but arriving at the airport we opened the package because we did not felt comfortable booking this package in and not knowing what it was.When we opened the package there were 10 counterfeit fake handbags. The package could not be booked in at Customs as we had no proof of purchase and the bags were confiscated on the Mumbai airport and we almost got arrested for wanting to book counterfeit goods in that are fake. For a company like Destino India Tours to put it's customers through when they knew beforehand is unforgivable. This is reckless behaviour. How can a company do such a thing to its customers.??

For all those who wants to travel to India, I suggest you do your home work properly and focus on the following:
1. check out the hotels on tripadvisor and read the reviews
2. make sure you have a driver and tourguide who can speak proper English otherwise you need to speak Hindi
3. Take NO parcel/ package from anybody if you did not buy it yourself. Not even a friend or family member- this can get you in deep trouble and believe me you don't want to get arrested on an international airport
4. Make sure your communications are answered before hand. Travelling to a foreign country and trying to find your way around with poor communication is just frustrating.

I would love a response from the owner and see what his come back is on this but please take note social media is huge and we can make things very difficult if we want to.
How do you explain this..... Not acceptable at all.

4  Thank marissa y
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Hi I'm GR...from KL Malaysia...destinoindiatours was the best tour agency that I trust and their service in mumbai tour such a wonderful arrangement and Mr. Aslam shaikh was very good in handelling transpots for my trips wt my friends...wil back again to mumbai with this lovely and careness agency....tqvm to Mr Mohammad in Delhi that help me in this wonderfull arrangement....the cheapest tour to mumbai that ever I sin before....highly recommended to tourists from Malaysia especially to Shirdi temple. Tqvm once again to Mr Mohammad....Mr Aslam Shaikh....our driver Mr Birjesh,he was good in care customers and affordable to bring us in local bus and train...tq Birjesh...tqvm destinoindiatours.

Dear Guna

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

A holiday well planned by Mr Tokir from Destino India Tours started in North and Proceeded to south
Mr Tokir was in touch with us throughout our journey ensuring that there was no glitches.
I strongly recommend Destino India Tours for a pleasant and affordable tour