I enjoyed this hotel quite a bit, and would recommend it for anyone traveling through Delhi. The location close to the airport provided for a short taxi ride, and yet it felt like a wooded area far away from the masses. Let me breakout my thoughts on this property item by item:
Rooms: Fairly large room with a comfortable bed, a large flat screen, in pretty good shape and sporting large windows. The windows are terrific for letting in more light, but the view is obscured due to the massive layer of smog. I'm not sure if this is a temporary scenario, or a constant issue, but it's impossible to ignore. Or see far.
Bathrooms: Full bathroom, nicely appointed with plenty of towels. No bathrobes provided by hotel.
Wi-fi / entertainment: In room wifi worked pretty well when it was actually functioning. The periods of good internet coverage, and no internet coverage varied during time of day. The hotel has satellite TV instead of a cable service, and the channels vary what they carry at any particular time. In example, if you like to get your news in the morning upon wakening, it may be on the channel you saw it on before, or maybe not. Moving target style. The hotel does provide movies and basic cable shows along with a variety of world news outlets in many languages.
Housekeeping: Good though not necessarily prompt.
Complimentary hotel breakfast: Very good. Local, western, and international dishes served buffet style with an omelet and special orders bar. Awesome. Good coffee too.
Grounds and pool: Awesome! Beautifully manicured landscaping, and a great looking pool. Hotel also sports a very nice gym, spa, and many conference rooms.
Hotel staff: Over the top helpful and nice. I had a tooth issue flair up and had to see a dentist, and luckily there was a dental clinic behind the hotel location. The staff looked up the hours, accessibility, and escorted me almost to the clinic door. From security at the entrance, to the crew at the gym, everyone I encountered was terrific.
Security: Amazing. I have never seen security anywhere in the world even comparable to this hotel. Armed guards, metal detectors, and layers of security before the lobby. Again, amazing.
Some downsides do exist with the property though. Power outages were frequent, and the smog was world class. Both Delhi issues rather than any fault of the hotel, but locale issues none the less. With this being stated, would I choose this hotel again? Absolutely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tribute to the cosmopolitan culture of New Delhi -the Jaypee Vasant Continental unfolds the finest lifestyle experiences for you. An exquisite blend of business and pleasure, it is the perfect place to confer, relax or pamper your senses. It's one of the finest of all boutique hotels in New Delhi India, Jaypee Vasant Continental is located in the upmarket Vasant Vihar area, strategically close to the New Delhi Airports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jaypee Vasant Continental reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jaypee Vasant Continental Hotel New Delhi
- Jaypee Hotel
- Vasant Continental Hotel New Delhi
- Hotel Vasant Continental