2,652 results
All reviewsdhaba restaurantvodka barfront lawnjade restaurantsevilla restaurantkhan marketclub roomlodhi gardenslovely hotelchoice of restaurantsdiplomatic areabreakfast roomnice poolindia gatean oasisgolden trianglefive star hotel
Reviewed 27 July 2018

I was travelling to India in the beginning of the year and on arrival we were taken to our room 128 which was a nice upgraded room with a view of the pool area. That being said next morning my hairdryer got a short circuit and I had to go out without doing my hair during my tour I informed my guide of the same who got in touch with the hotel.. upon return we went to a room and we had a message to meet the duty manager we were met by a young personality well groomed and smile on his face in the lobby his name was Akshay.. he spoke to me and apologized for the entire scenario and he kind of made of feel like a young lady politely brushed my husband off and told me that I needed to look gorgeous on each day of vacation and presented me with a new hair dryer. Altough I was not able to accept it but the gesture was kind and the entire process of apologizing and making me feel special was simply amazing.

We met Akshay on the day of departure as well and as usual he was all smiles.

We wish him luck for his career.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
TheClaridges, General Manager at The Claridges New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Greetings from The Claridges, New Delhi!

A perfect header and a wonderful review to follow – thank you for the warm wishes and compliments. It is always a delight to meet our guests’ expectations and the team is glad to have done the same during your visit. Mr. Akshay has proved to be an asset to us and your kind words have motivated all of us!

We look forward to welcome you again with same warmth in the near future!

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

Our stay at the Claridges was only positive!! The food, facilities and the room was excellent, but it was the service and the staff that really made our stay perfect! I want to specifically thank Baneet who was not only very professional at his job, but warm, welcoming and always smiling. He made our first hotel-experience in India a perfect one. A gem!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mytvuong

Greetings from The Claridges, New Delhi!

It is always a delight to meet our guests’ expectations and we are glad that you liked our food, facilities and the accommodation. Thank you for applauding our asset, Mr Baneet, who has time and again proven to be a gem for us!

Hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2018

Frankly speaking the pictures on the website, are rather flattering to what the hotel really looks like inside…
On arrival, the usual warm welcome at the door with throngs of hotel staff hovering around?
Reception area slightly confusing as not the normal type of check in desk found at hotels, none the less, easy pain free and friendly check in…
The room I stayed in on 3rd floor, assured by the lad helping with my bags as a “very nice room with a balcony”, was functional and on the whole clean and tidy. Certainly nothing flash or flamboyant as per the pics in the gallery make them out to be. Bathroom tired looking – decent walk in shower (always welcomed being 6ft 5). However, the workmanship during the obvious refurb lacked quality finishing – with paint splatter on the tiles, grouting done around bath, basin and elsewhere in “rough and ready, rushed job” manner – all it takes is someone with an eye for detail to notice this and ensure a proper job done - will make a big difference. Leaking shower door leading to a mini flood every time I showered…
Pickwick’s breakfast room – small with a decent quality breakfast spread. Again, throngs of staff literally falling over each other trying to please guests. Don’t get me wrong – there’s nothing bad about trying to provide an efficient and friendly service, however when there are almost more wait staff squashed into a small room than guests, each one hovering over one’s shoulder, almost to the point of being intrusive – seriously off-putting and uncomfortable. To top this all, placing an order with a team member who then has 2-3 staff hovering behind him, who he then repeats the order to who then repeats the order to the next person – just weird - - perhaps these are all trainees, however way to many hovering about… That being said, fast delivery of the order…
Never had a chance to dine in any of the restaurants for dinner, however did order room service on 2 nights in succession. Fast service, piping hot food (unlike many hotels where one waits for ever and often receives food that is cold). Absolutely delicious lamb curry – had it on both nights! Compliments to the chef…
Used the gym – decent enough equipment, however jammed into tiny room. Luckily I was the only one in the gym over the 3 days I was there – if one other person wanting to use the equipment other than the treadmill – no chance…Upside, lots of fresh towels and water, as well as aircon running on cool. These often lacking in the gyms at hotels I have used…
All in all an okay experience, however someone needs to take a step back and ensure what is actually to be found in the hotel stacks up to the pics in the gallery…hotel needs some TLC ….

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank MCoetz
TheClaridges, General Manager at The Claridges New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Claridges New Delhi!

While we enjoyed hearing you enjoyed the room services and gym during your visit, we regret hearing that your overall experience did not leave a better lasting impression. We pride ourselves on creating unique, memorable, and personal experiences for our guests, so we apologize that we missed the mark on that promise to you. Feedback from our guests is always welcome at our hotel as it helps us improve our hospitality and ensure a flawless stay experience for our guests. Though we sincerely regret the inconvenience that you faced, please be assured that such is not a norm at our hotel.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future so that we may restore your faith in our hotel. Have a great day!

Reviewed 26 July 2018

The stay at the hotel was very good. The food variety available for breakfast and dinner is fantastic, with at least one South Indian State food available for breakfast daily. The location is very good too, within 1/2 hour drive to multiple places. Worth the choice for the location.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Greetings from The Claridges, New Delhi!

Thank you for taking the time out to share your feedback on this forum.

Located in a rich neighborhood, offering comfortable amenities, our hotel is perfect to spend a relaxing time. We are glad that each of our services impressed you and earned us your valued patronage.

On this note, we hope you would soon plan another stay with us before too long.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Had a good time at the Claridges while I was staying there. We also had a half-day conference in the Viceroy Hall, and the hotel staff ensured it was organised and conducted smoothly. Congrats to the hotel staff.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
TheClaridges, General Manager at The Claridges New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback!

We are glad that you loved your stay as well as the conference. We hope to welcome you back soon with same warmth.