See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 March 2015

We spent one night here before catching our flight back home after two months in India. Even though it was the cheapest option for a double room in Mumbai, it was still the most expensive hotel during our trip. The room on the third floor was tiny (claustrophobic even) and looked more like a hospital room than a hotel but it was pretty clean and there were enough toilets at the end of the corridor for all rooms on that floor. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful (and they let us leave our backpacks in a locked room for the rest of the day).
There was no mosquito net but we weren't bothered by those little bloodsuckers. Free wi-fi only in the lobby room. You can also buy water and soft drinks from the reception but more expensive (another guest paid 50 or 60 rupees for a bottle of cola that costs 35 elsewhere)
For being the cheapest we could find, we were pretty satisfied (but then again, we're not too picky. As usual, you should take these reviews with a pinch of salt ;))

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank patrizzzio
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Do not stay here. It is a terrible location, and though it is inexpensive it is worse than you expect. We passed many nice hostels in Delhi on our way. This hostel had a dog and puppies in the lobby that urinated everywhere. Wifi did not work. Beds were sketchy. No reason to stay here!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Jamiefillerup
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This is not a hostel, but a scam operation. With beds.

For who reads about this awful place: it was our first stay at Delhi. However: this hostel is NOT representative for the extremely beautiful journey we made the following months. We stayed at wonderful guesthouses with lovely people. We just had bad luck with this one.

We arrived at New King at 4pm, very tired. The owner of the place welcomed us, and immediatly asked us which travel guide we used. "Lonely planet? Throw that away, that is useless here! I will tell you how to discover India!" He forced us to go with one of his bellboys to the trainstation to buy traintickets. When we declined, he got angry and told us we were stupid and that the trainticketoffice would close in one hour, so we really had to go! We still declined and went for a nap. In our "stupid" Lonely planet it said the train station was open until 8pm. We were very happy we followed our intuition. Obviously he wanted us to go to a scam trainticketoffice to buy extremely overpriced tickets.

The day after when we went to the REAL trainstation, he just made fun of us, told us we would never find it and refused to tell us where it was.
When we wanted to use the internet to look for another place, it suddenly stopped working, he said. But he was using facebook all the time.

Apart from that: the room was dirty and extremely run down, but I can live with that.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Ester E
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Good Hostel in the main City of Delhi, not far to the Metro Station.
The only fault was, that the Internet was not working sometimes.
You can visit the most Sights easy by metro. Its not far to the City, by riksha or metro.
The Hostel is next to the New Delhi railway station.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank heikotest
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I booked to stay here at the end of June 2011. To start with, the 'free' airport pick-up cost me 500 Rupees, then when I arrived at the hotel I was dismayed to say the least. The filthy entrance with the urinals just outside the door, then the so called upgraded room on the fourth floor with no lift! The guy on reception - Lucky - told me that all my train tickets were no good and I should go and visit the local Government approved tourist office, blah, blah, blah. Well, needless to say, it wasn't and I got scammed. By the time I arrived in Udaipur I was fuming, they had taken even more money from my account than we had agreed upon - and that was expensive. After threats to return to Delhi and get the police involved I got some of my money back and better train tickets. Yes, this is India but no one deserves to get ripped off. To my knowledge, no tourist office in India is Government approved so get as many plans as possible sorted before you arrive in India and above all just avoid this place. It may be cheap, but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo