“Nice Hotel”
Review of Piccadily Hotel

Piccadily Hotel
Ranked #172 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 10 November 2015

The Piccadilly has the feel of a hotel which probably was once a bit more grand than it is now. Still, the rooms (we stayed in 3 over 3 separate stays) were a decent size, beds very comfortable, room clean and bathrooms with nice marble finishing. Breakfast was a very good buffet and overall service was excellent. Enjoyed the pool area as well - water very cool so probably one for a hot day or proper exercising.

We enjoyed the hotel bar and restaurants. The bar had fairly expensive prices - but very good specials e.g. buy one get one free / ladies' nights where certain cocktails were free.

A couple of things which needed improving were the service a the front desk (seemed under-manned), a cheaper supply of extra drinking water and the key cards which were a bit temperamental.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank John W
Ashish H, General Manager at Piccadily Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the positive comments about the hotel accommodation facilities and services. It is also heartening to know that you enjoyed your meals in our restaurants and the liquor promotion at the bar was to your liking.

Your concern regarding the Front Desk services has already been addressed with our team members and we are certainly working towards improving the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit and assure you of our best services at all times.

Ashish Hasrat

Write a ReviewReviews (1,319)

Reviewed 7 November 2015

The Lobby of the hotel is the only good thing about the Hotel, but do not be fooled. Your experience starts with waiting at least 20 minutes to check in, as other guests are complaining or checking out of the Hotel. On the 3rd attempt we got a key to a room that worked, the 2nd attempt only took us to a room that was already occupied.

The room is still in original condition and the following does not work.
WiFI, A/C (temperature will not cool and stays at the same temperature when you enter the room), the shower head sprays water everywhere as it is corroding away, the shower curtain does not close, the tap falls off, the electrical sockets are so worn they are unusable.

Perfect opportunity to renovate the rooms, but firstly they could actually get things to work.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Ashish H, General Manager at Piccadily Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am disappointed to know that the facilities and services at the hotel were not to your expectations.

It is very unfortunate that your stay did not reflect the quality that you expect from us. My team and I are working to address the shortfalls raised by you. We regret to have you let down on this occasion and sincerely apologize for the same.

We look forward to another opportunity to regain your confidence.

Reviewed 5 November 2015

The erstwhile Hilton was an awesome hotel with excellent service. This Piccadily is a huge let down with sub standard staff. I had to wait for over an hour to just get my luggage after 4 reminders and finally went down to pick it up myself and the bell desk staff were like we have more better things to do than be of help to you. Mind you they werent even busy that time and while checking in they insisted on me leaving the luggage on the bell desk. People at the billing counter try and put a charge for everything, my booking clearly stated Wi Fi is free but i had to show proof that it is actually free as the FO staff said it is chargeable for everyone. Will never recommend this hotel to anyone

Room Tip: Dont book based on the ads you see online, read the reviews
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am disappointed to know that the services at the hotel were not to your expectations. It is very unfortunate that your stay did not reflect the quality that you expect from us.

Your concern regarding the Bell Desk services has been addressed with our team members and we are working towards improving the arrival experience. We regret to have you let down on this occasion and sincerely apologize for the same.

We look forward to another opportunity to regain your confidence.

Reviewed 5 November 2015

I'd read the previous reviews on this hotel but on the dates I needed I had no choice. I've waited a few days to see if my memory might fade to a less severe disappointment and it has, but not much. The people there are individually lovely but collectively, this hotel is a disaster. Its like Fawlty Towers only much much worse and without the humour. Its a litany of "I'm very sorry sir" from the moment you check in. I stayed for a prearranged number of nights but the key card was routinely logged out every day. No one thought to tell me it needed recoding even after the third time I had to call engineering to let me into my room in the evenings. I'd been in India travelling widely but had no stomach upset until eating at this hotel and it wouldn't stop until I left. I have a video of spoiled milk 'boiling' with bacterial activity in my coffee cup at breakfast. It seemed the aircon in the room was almost freezing or they'd turn it off every early morning and I'd sweat up, No matter how I tried to adjust it I couldn't get a comfortable setting. So many examples of ridiculousness I haven't the time to mention, but generally its disappointment I feel for the staff and their lack of direction and for me, at the disaster of my stay.

Room Tip: Approach with caution and a great sense of humour
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2015

Things you really need to know about this hotel:
1) The room was a good size and was clean. Very comfy bed and great shower.
2) Great breakfast buffet and good choice of restaurants in the hotel (three to choose from)
3) All the staff were very friendly and helpful.
4) The hotel is really close to a metro station. This makes it simple to travel into the city centre.
5) Great choice of English tv channels! I know this shouldn't be a plus point (what are you doing watching Tv whilst away in India I hear you ask) but I couldn't help enjoying watching terminator 2 late at night!

Things that let it down:
1) The reception service was painfully slow. We had to wait at least twenty minutes just to check out and some in our party had to wait for almost an hour.
2) Our room key stopped working. This was particularly annoying as we were on the tenth floor and we had to go all the way back down to reception, wait ten minutes fora member of staff, then head all the way back up. We were not the only people in our group to have problems with their room cards.
3) Brown water in the bathroom sink. It did become cleaner after running it for ten seconds!!
4) Ordering a taxi seemed like it was a complete lottery! We ordered one at the desk and then waited outside for it to come. There were a few outside the hotel who all claimed to be our taxi and were all charging very different rates! It was a little unsettling for someone new to the India experience!

Overall
I think it would have been very good if we didn't have to wait for so long at reception and if the room card had actually worked. Surely these are easy things to get right?

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Ashish H, General Manager at Piccadily Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the positive comments about the hotel accommodation facilities and services. It is also heartening to know that you enjoyed the breakfast spread at our 29 our all day dining destination. A special mention about the location of the hotel is highly appreciated.

Your concern regarding the wait during check in and your key card not functioning has been addressed with our team members and we are certainly working towards improving these shortfalls. We have also taken steps to ensure that taxis are available promptly when called for by guests.