US$135
  • Pool
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
Zeavola Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Dee Dee Beach House(Ko Phi Phi Don)
  • Beachfront
PP Insula(Ko Phi Phi Don)
Mama Beach Residence(Ko Phi Phi Don)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Panmanee Hotel(Ko Phi Phi Don)
1,680 results
All reviewsprivate beachlong beachtree housethai food tastingmosquito netfree tastingtaxi boatminute walkmain townlong tail boatstandard bungalowprivate bathroomsteep stepsparty scenephi phi townmaya bayyour feet
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Not going to lie, there definitely were some fantastic elements of this resort though there were also some major downsides.
Pros:
1. When we arrived to the resort we were given an upgrade to the “grand deluxe room” from our “traditional room” (as we had booked for 4 nights in off season). Given that this was about five tiers above our original booking, the room was very luxurious, especially due to our lower to medium budget - it was quite a treat. Almost excessively big rooms, with bathroom, balcony, hammock and AIRCON (thank goodness).
2. The room was regularly cleaned and the bed made. As we went to the beach we would unfortunately bring sand into the rooms, though once the staff had cleaned it it was back to brand new.
3. It was a good location. While it is about a 15-20 minute walk from town, and through some rocky paths, it is actually quite a pleasant walk which gets easier the more you do it. It is also right beside Long Beach which is a relaxing getaway from the main town, with a restaurant of it’s own.
4. The free tasting menu was delicious! Particularly great green curry and chicken cashew with vegetables. (However, note con number 2)
5. Free long tail transfers to and from the ferry pier.

Cons:
1. The staff are severely unhappy, as a result we avoided the reception area. Only once did we go down to the restaurant. (I’d agree with many of the previous review regarding this particular issue).
2. While the tasting menu was great, we also ordered a pad thai and glass noodle dish. Both were fairly average. However, the pad Thai tofu was particularly inedible - honestly it smelt like the toilet and had to spit it out.
3. The long tail boat to the resort upon arrival took extremely long, and we were slightly worried of getting scammed. The guide also got fed up with the wait and handed it to my boyfriend to speak with reception.

NOTE: if you’re suffering from any sort of physical disability or injury I wouldn’t recommend as the stairs are very “rustic” and steep.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank riley97113
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in May 2018 in one of the bungalows / villas (with fan).

Greeted off the main pier by longtail boat which took about 10 minutes to get to the hotel. It has a private beach which is lovely and we were given welcome drinks on arrival. Staff were friendly enough, we waited a while to be shown to our rooms but we weren’t too bothered about this.

Room was lovely (and really spacious) like a bamboo treehouse, and the views were stunning. Had a fridge, kettle, showergel, towels, good wifi and a hammock outside!

We were visited by loads of lizards, geckos, butterflies etc which we loved.

Walk to the main town is around 15-20 minutes along a signposted footpath, bars and hotels along the way. I think there are some bits which are being rebuilt but wr didmy hear any noise or anything from the construction.

The only thing I would have changed is opting for the aircon villa instead. But that’s just personal preference!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2018

When we arrived we were met by the staff as we jumped off the Long Boat, shown to our room and "WOW" - great view for the $$, the room was really awesome, all eco style - has a safe, mosi nets, good bathroom, no AC but hey your on a Island - excellent stay not long enough, needed two nights minimum, the only strange bit is the staff seemed low morale ( not morning people ? ) anyway, once you break through they are lovely people - highly recommend their boat to take you out to the island for a tour, we were $2000 bht for three hours and the driver was local - took us after breaky and back when we wanted - nice touch - would stay again

Room Tip: Closer to the ocean easier to get to - take their Long Boat tour - easier & 1 on 1
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

I knew this would be rugged,rustic and something different,that is why I chose it.It is quite a strenous walk from and to town but you could take a long tail.I like the accommodation,no complaints there.But...oh my goodness,the staff!!When arriving I was not even given a slight smile...by no one and given a hot and untasty (un)welcome drink.The lady who sells the breakfast tickets...she absolutely hates her job and looked like death everyday.They should really move her to another section where she has no interaction with guests!The staff at the restaurant couldn't care less about guests.Seeing that this resort is a bit far from town I found the restaurant convenient for supper.Well just tonight I sat there waiting for more than half an hour without any service.Some of the staff were sleeping at the entrance,others were on their phones,including breakfast lady.The lady at reception saw me sitting there but looked like she would rather be sleeping.I rather walked into town where I got great food and great service.
This resort could be GREAT but they need to do something about the staff (really!!) & clean it up a bit.One should be proud of working in such a beautiful setting.If you treat guests well and they have a good time they will spread the word and you will recieve better tips.
Step it up guys!Thailand is known as the land of smiles...but not at this resort!Everyone looks so unhappy.
Oh,the only time when staff is wide awake and jolly is when they head into town for an evening out.Maybe they are jolly people but just hate their jobs.
The whole time I was here I felt unwelcome and it is really not nice to experience this for a first visit to Thailand.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
7  Thank SouthAfricanGirlExpl
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Where to start with this place...if you are looking for a rough bottom of the market stay at middle of the range prices this is your sort of place. Where customer satisfaction is the last thing on any of the staffs mind, the restaurant filthy, food shocking, service dire and amenities non exist and or disgraceful. For example you want to go down to the beach and sit and enjoy the view with a nice drink... Er no... No chairs on the beach, you can't use towels from the apartments and the only towels for rent are tie died rags from the sixties.. Not towels..a nice drink...well don't expect a nice cocktail or any such desire but you might get a warm beer in a bottle if you can get over to the staff what you want. Basically they have not thought what the customers want at all. The breakfast is very poor, watered down orange juice, coffee that has been sitting there for days stewed and undrinkable, food that has been recycled for days on end and breakfast staff that couldn't give a crap and look like it too.
Rickity tables, a few fans but no sensible coverage and furniture that is falling apart.
As for the staff in general I don't know where to start, they are more interested in messing about with each other that looking after the place or its guests. When you do approach them their faces drop as though they are not happy being disturbed. They just wave you around and bark at you. The rooms were OK, lighting in them is awful and insufficient, cockroaches abundant but I guess you are in a forest! I had an aircon room which was the only saving grace.. I can't imagine this place with no aircon either.
Glad we only stayed 4 days and not the whole. Holiday as I would have moved to another resort.
The Beach is not looked after by resort either and old food and rubbish was not uncommon here with boats in and out stinking... Staff go into the sea to relieve themselves and all the guests are smimming around in it.
If you want to feel comfortable at anytime then don't go here.. It's like the place is designed to ensure your uncomfortable..
Unless you are a backpacker who will sleep anywhere and eat anything then don't bother.. But to be fair even then there are much cheaper better places on the island so why... Just why would anyone stay here is beyond me. No level. Of comfort whatsoever
No chairs in the rooms except outside on the balcony.. Why.. Because that would make things too comfortable wouldn't it.
This is a prime example of a place with really poor management the staff do what they want and everything around them is just deteriorating including the customer satisfaction and wellbeing..go further down to a resort on long beach, here you have a shop, nice little bars a good beach better facilities...but be warned the walk to town is not a pleasant one. If you want to go into town while staying there get a taxi or stay in a resort in town. All in all Viking resort was a real disappointment, not worth the money. Its a nice idea, a nature resort but you still need to provide the basics and give crap about your customers or at least act like you do.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends