Sharm Grand Plaza
Tamra Beach(Nabq Bay)
4,670 results
All reviewsluna baranimation teamduty managerrelaxing holidaypastaspecial thanksmain restaurantbeach barcoral reefkids clubheated pooljettysharmtippoolsentertainmentsunbeds
Reviewed 17 July 2015

Fabulous value for money holiday overall. Very comfortable hotel in lovely grounds, several good pools for both playing and swimming, fab food in the comfortable restaurant, great beach from location with fish in abundance right on your doorstep, only thing that let it down was the evening entertainment which was not up to much more often than not, but apart from that I cannot fault the hotel overall. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and would always help out when asked. Many excursions to go on, we did on the quod bikes in the desert which was really good, and a day trip to Luxor which again was amazing. I would go back without hesitation, and at prices much cheaper than Spain/Greece etc for a similar star rated hotel (i would call it 4 star for appearance and feel etc). And the sun shines every day. In fact June was too hot, I suggest going before May or after September for a more comfortable temperature.

Room Tip: Somewhere on 1st floor by the main poolside is good.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank adrian w
Reviewed 16 July 2015

We had the most awesome time here. Already looking to book next year. The resort is beautiful from top to bottom. Loads of pools and bars in the grounds. Usually when I go on holiday, the first thing I do is go outside to look around but I was so impressed with the resort I didn't bother. All the staff and management where first class . Enjoy !!!!!

Stayed: July 2015
3  Thank Hugh D
Reviewed 16 July 2015

Husband and I went with 6 (including 2 children) others for a weeks holiday and chose the Grand Sharm Plaza based on the good reviews.

There are indeed a number of positives with the hotel. The swimming pools are great (although I never saw anyone in the lazy pool). There were plenty of sun loungers and finding shade was never an issue. I guess that at the height of the season with a full hotel, this might be a bit different.

The rooms were large (two double beds). They were kept very clean. The AC was powerful but a bit on the noisy side.

The restaurant had a large selection of food and whilst there was some repetition, in general there was plenty to choose from. With any all inclusive deal you cant please everyone. It is important to note that there is a kids area, which could be easily overlooked. Unfortunately for my group 6 out of 8 of us became unwell and so it limited our eating and drinking for the second half of the holiday.

Be warned that the beer is OK but not full strength and a number of times in the restaurant the soft drinks ran out or were just soda water. This could definitely be improved on.

The waiting staff were great throughout our stay.

The entertainment in the evenings certainly left a lot to be desired. The only really good night was the fire performer.

The kids club was good for my nephew but it is not advertised enough.

You have to find your way around the hotel, as nothing is really signed. It would have been useful to know where the gym and tennis courts were. We of course found out by asking the staff, but signs would help.

In regards to the hotel, you need to be aware of extra costs. The main one we came across was for the pool tables. They were quiet expensive, maybe this is why they are rarely used.

All in all this was a good choice of hotel and for a place to relax, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank MrsNicolaC
Reviewed 16 July 2015 via mobile

I stayed here last September and have to say it was amazing! Staff were friendly, hotel was clean, pools were great! The only thing is the food could be a little better, but we stayed for two weeks so just had enough of it, one week would be fine! The spa was a great experience and the staff there were once again fantastic! Couldn't fault this hotel!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Starkers1107
Reviewed 16 July 2015

i have recently returned from this hotel. I was travelling alone and was a little worried if i would be safe, but all the staff made my stay very comfortable and very memorable, and did all they could to accommodate me. I am looking forward to returning to have a relaxing holiday soon. People need to appreciate that the staff work very hard to make guest welcome, but whilst there i was disgusted at seeing how some guest could be very rude and demanding treating the staff with disrespect and wasting so much food.....The staff are kind and a credit to the hotel, always smiling and trying to fulfill the needs of the most arrogant guests which is totally unnecessary..... so please think about how you treat them as we are all human and English is not their first language.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo