1,072 results
All reviews convention center atrium cafe freddy rivas spg member the club lounge attending an event downtown area the room was nice southern hospitality bjcc uptown ms freeway alabama
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

The staff is phenomenal! The accommodations....not so much. This is a huge property and the first thing you see when you pull up is $25 for overnight parking. Self park down the street and around the corner for $14!!! The first thing you see when you walk in the room is how Outdated the carpet and the furniture is. There is no refrigerator or microwave. There are huge defects in the carpet and in the fixtures in the bathroom. Although the room is spacious and it was quiet, I would not repeat my stay here. It took at least 10 minutes for the water in the shower to even get warm forget hot! So I’m out $130 for a tepid shower? Poor representation of the Sheraton brand. I could have done better at the comfort inn!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank MichelleAngela A
TeamMarriott, Manager at Sheraton Birmingham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear MichelleAngela,

Thank you for choosing us for your recent accommodation needs. We agree with you that our facilities, while well-maintained, are in need of updating. We are in the process of finalizing the details of our upcoming renovation. In the meantime, we will continue to do an excellent job in keeping our facilities clean and fresh for all our guests. We hope that next time you stay with us, you will see our progress towards a fresh, new look which we think you will love.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

The worst.
First - their computers were down - front desk hand registered guests on April 27, 2018.
Line circled the foyer and extended to the door. They gave us water because the AC was down as sub par.
The rate they gave me was charged twice on my debit card! I've spoken several times to the front desk managers, Alka and Freddie. They promised me points - not done. They promised me a refund - not done that either.

It's 30 days in -just spoke to Alka again. More promises... I'm over them. Next steps.

They have lied and not followed through. Travel agents, potential guests - beware - they are the worst.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Lisa S
TeamMarriott, Manager at Sheraton Birmingham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Dear Lisa,

We were disappointed to learn about the difficulties you experienced while a guest at our hotel. We offer our sincere apologies that you were overcharged for your stay and even more so that this has not been resolved to your satisfaction. Please know this is not our normal standard, and your comments will be shared with our management team for further review. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

I don't stay at Sheraton froperties that often. This was a stay with challenges, I arrived with a long day of travel and Southwest delayed our inbound flight by nearly 2 hours. When I arrived my Credit Card didn't work (out of town block), which I got fixed the next morning.

The breakfast outlet did not offer great service by the hosts that sat people in blocks of people, instead of each guest/group. For the price AND size of the hotel I would have expected fresh made from scratch food. Canned gravy? THIS IS THE SOUTH are you REALLY proud to served canned gravy? I hope not.

The room had not been cleaned properly. There were toiletry items from a previous guests on top of TV, one was not from the hotel. The bath room was dirty, the shower curtain had a strong mildew smell and the vent was filthy.

I called the front desk to ask who I could order pizza from. I was given a name and phone number. I called and placed the order. I was SO hungry. at this point, it had been a 12 hour day for me. The driver called and said I had to go to the lobby to get my pizza. I told them they could keep it, I was not going to get dressed and travel to the lobby that took an elevator ride and and escalator ride to get to. If this is the policy of the hotel, why was I not informed about it when I called to get that information, why was not easily found in hotel information in the room? (I shared a similar comment with the pizza company, as their team could have shared it to.)

Freddy (OPS DIR) did attempt service recovery by sending up a bottle of tea. It ended up being sweet tea, which I left for the housekeepers.

When I return to Birmingham I will probably not choose the Sheraton as our hotel. It was too much work for me. There are smaller hotels that offer as much, at a much lower price, and much better service. It was not the worst experience, just one I am not willing to repeat have happen again.

Room Tip: higher the floor, better the view.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Freddy R, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Birmingham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear OmahaRoyal,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Birmingham Hotel and providing your honest feedback.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. We have shared your feedback with our Management team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent such challenges from occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Birmingham.

Freddy Rivas
Director of Front Office Operations

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Mr. Madison Carter went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure my visit was a great experience in the city. He knows his history and embodies excellent customer service. I wish all hotels could have him as a trainer. When I come
back to Birmingham, I will want to stay at the Sheraton but only if he’s there.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Sheraton Birmingham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Dear Santosha,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Birmingham Hotel. It is a pleasure to know we were able to exceed your expectations. We strive to make sure every guest has a comfortable and relaxing stay, and we will be sure to share your compliments with Mr. Madison Carter. Thanks again for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Birmingham.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Mr. Madison Carter provided me excellent service. He is professional and very helpful. I was here for a business trip and he made sure that my packages were located and that we we satisfied with the level of service. If you need any recommendations for the city, please ask him.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Sheraton Birmingham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Dear William,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to the Sheraton Birmingham Hotel. Thank you for mentioning how much you enjoyed our hospitality. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff work hard to ensure we exceed our guest’s expectations from check-in through check-out. I will share your compliments with Mr. Madison Carter, for a job well done. Thanks for choosing us and we hope to see you again soon.