“CHEESEBURGER!!!!!!”

Sammy's Sandwich Shop
Ranked #202 of 1,017 Restaurants in Birmingham
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Found this gem of a mom and pop burger shop while working in Birmingham. Great people making a great burger. Wish I could of tried more of the food as it all sounded amazing. Do yourself a favor and get here ASAP you would be disappointed!!

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Stopped in after reading about it online. Fun little place with counter service, the staff was very fun and engaging. I had Cheeseburger and Fries (hand made with fresh beef). I sat at the counter and "chatted" with the cook, nice man. I would definitely go again.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped on our way from Dallas to Knoxville today. An easy 1/3 mile off I-20/59 at the airport exit and Well Worth the Stop.

IDK which is more enjoyable....the food or the conversation from the cooks behind the bar at the grill. It's rare when you find such joyful folks these days. Lots of story telling and reminiscing about SEC football and so on. And my goodness.....they aim to take good care of you with the food they prepare.

We had The Club. It's a large sandwich served on Texas toast (toasted with butter right thete on the grill) with grilled ham, cooked and prepared right in front of your eyes. Fries come along that are fresh and smoking hot. The tea was fresh made also.

I highly recommend and I encourage you to sit at the bar. Don't miss out on the kind wisdom of the fine folks there.

Hats off to Sammy's

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

This is a little hole in the wall that is one of the best places in Bham. The burgers, clubs and salads are outstanding. Cooked to order. Family run and always friendly. Warning: cash only and not to be confused with the other Sammys. Not much on the ambience but the food is great.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Great burgers. Family owned by a Greek couple and have a gold mine here. If you want a very good back-yard burger, this is it. The other sandwiches are outstanding too.

Been to Sammy's Sandwich Shop? Share your experiences!