“Great soul food!”

Add it.
Ruby's Cafe
Ranked #553 of 1,016 Restaurants in Birmingham
Reviewed 13 May 2016

This is a small cafe tucked away in East Lake. It's a daily menu of meat + 2 sides, with homemade desserts (open Wednesday - Sunday 11am05pm). The food is delicious! Baked BBQ chicken, porkchops, smothered porkchops, ox tail (really good!), pigs feet, chitlins, and your regular assortment of veggies: blackeye peas, greens, mac & cheese, corn, fried okra, etc. There are a few tables for dining in and they accept credit cards. The owner came out and talked with me and told me she's owned the restaurant for 5 years. I observed several locals come in and eat or get take out while I was there - so any place that serves soul food that's been around and supported by the locals for 5 years, you know must be good. I will definitely visit often.