“Hit the spot”

Add it.
Sol's Sandwich Shop and Deli
Ranked #199 of 1,036 Restaurants in Birmingham
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Turkey burger, sweet potato fries and banana pudding for the win. Made fresh, great service, wonderful! A new B'ham spot.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

I went Tuesday to Sol's and have frequented them several times over the years for lunch. The one thing I should tell everyone off the bat is that they cook everything from scratch. They do have a meat and three type plates and they cook them each day. I ordered the Big Sol burger, which is made from chopped sirloin and is awesome. The french fries were crispy and had great flavor. One of the other people in my party order the Camel Rider. This was round beef,sauteed onions, cheddar and jack cheese, mayo, lettuce and tomato, stuffed in a pocket pita bread. He said it was excellent and would have that again. This is a local family owned business and they do an great job of greeting people even though they get very busy. Recommend to others.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a good full breakfast without a lot of fanfare and found it here. Good downtown location (1 block from the Elyton Hotel), clean, plenty of tables, with friendly and quick service. Order at the counter and they will bring the food to your table. Our omelets were excellent.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was suggested to us by the Amtrak counter personnel while we were waiting for the train to Atlanta. It’s a very short walk to this restaurant from the intermodal station.

The food is very good; portions are rather plentiful and will fill you up. The service is excellent; food came out fast and warm. Prices however are a bit in the pricey side; with add ons and dessert lunch was close to $30.00 for two people.

Would I go back there? Yes.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

I was out of town on business and was taken to Sol's for lunch. Absolutely amazing selection of Southern style foods and I few surprises also. The menu consisted of squash casserole, Cuban sandwiches, fish, shrimp hoagies, delicious ice cream and pies. I opted for the veggie plate - fried okra, black eyed peas, and the squash casserole. It was amazing! Perfectly home style cooking. They were very busy during the lunch rush but we received our food timely. I felt like I was eating my Grandmother's cooking from years ago. Great food brought back sweet memories.