“Good food, very nice owner”

Ghion Cultural Hall
Ranked #213 of 1,036 Restaurants in Birmingham
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We went for the lunch not knowing what to expect from an Ethiopian buffet. It turned out to be pretty good with rice, cabbage, several types of lentils and chick peas. They had 3 meat dishes that were quite flavorful. All in all a new adventure for us one that will see us again as repeat customers

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

First time eating Ethiopian food, but not my last. I had lamb and my wife had beef, both were excellent. The manager was very helpful in making suggestions. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

This place is so good! I love Ethiopian food and this places rates as my second favorite place behind Desta in Atlanta. The injera is a little thicker/heavier than Desta but the flavors are still delicious. Both the lamb and beef ribs are tender and delicious and all the vegetarian dishes are spiced well and flavorful. I ordered from menu but they offer a lunch buffet. Definitely worth a visit!

1  Thank BeingGreen
Reviewed 1 April 2018

You would not expect to find this place in Birmingham let alone in a food hall. The food was good and its a great place to eat with friends and the food is served in an easy to share way.We enjoyed the four dishes we ordered.

1  Thank thefluss
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

This was my first time eating at Ghion, my husband’s second. On his first trip he had lamb and loved it. This time he ordered chicken. The owner watched his face as he tried it, came out to check on us and remembered he liked really spicy food, the chicken is mild. Without a thought he made him a plate of beef tips that were excellent. He really wanted us to enjoy the food as if we were in his home. Will definitely go back and take friends. Thanks for the great experience!

1  Thank CDM121