Guild East 6th(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$152
Official Site
Hotels.com
Hotel Eleven(Austin)
The Fairview(Austin)
2,568 results
All reviewscorner restaurantburger barthe executive loungegreat hotelfloor to ceiling windowslobby barpool deckrestaurants and barscorner roomself parkingwithin walking distancecolorado riverwalk in showerheart of downtownconvention centerluxury hotelrainey street
Reviewed 2 May 2018

The hotel was very nice and clean and my room service was done nicely every day at a reasonable time. the location was perfect and I very much enjoyed the heated pool area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Austin area.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Very gracious and helpful staff in both the conference events and throughout the hotel itself. It's a beautiful facility but still has a relaxed but upbeat and vibrant feel. Food at restaurants and banquet and reception events with the conference was delicious.

Room Tip: My room was on the 6th floor. Although the room itself was great, the view was awful - there were sandbags outside on cement and construction debris, etc. right outside the window. I would definitely insist on a higher floor on a future trip.
Reviewed 1 May 2018

As a Marriott loyal customer, always pleased and Austin JW didn't disappoint. Registration via the app, spot on during a hectic full house (med conference) and upgrades and concierge level beautifully appointed and easy to navigate. Quiet. Tranquil despite being a large hotel. The Spa accommodated my request on a last-minute notice. Rooftop Bar and sitting are offered lots of spacious, open air for reading, relaxing and late night chats. Thoroughly enjoyed. A snafu at the lobby bar on a simple order was annoying and quickly reconciled by the manager. Overall enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

A property that invites elite guests (like me) to check in and establish their desires ahead or time. This includes a desire to check out late, because of Gold Elite status. The evening before departure, we receive the attached form letter (which is actually on many doorsteps along the hallway reminding guest check out time is 11:30.
I call front desk and reach a terribly RUDE hotel representative by the name of DREW, who suggests that irrespective of our 0n-Line check in on Thursday before our Friday departure, that no such PROMISE is on record. Absurd. What's the point of checking in early, or having Gold Elite status with Marriott, if the hotel is going to have lying representatives likes RYAN telling representatives that the promises this property makes to Elite members, are NOT VALID. DISGRACEFUL!! DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. THEY ARE DISHONORABLE.

Room Tip: Do not engage hotel staff member Drew, He represents Marriot poorly.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
JWAustin-1, General Manager at JW Marriott Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thank you for staying with us this week. I read your post yesterday morning and was disappointed to hear we did not communicate more clearly with you regarding the late checkout options. The option is a fairly new feature on the Marriott Mobile App for our hotel and we are committed to a smooth implementation. Because we are a convention hotel, Marriott does not require us to provide late checkouts like the other hotels. I am very sorry we did not do a better job of communicating and we will address this through our training. Our team takes a lot of pride in providing a high level of service to our guests and I’m sorry we let you down. I hope you will one day give us another opportunity to earn your trust. In the meantime, please contact me at 512-474-4777 if I can be of any service to you. Sincerely, Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Upon arrival, check in: the staff at the Marriott Rewards counter helped the two businessmen in line ahead of me, then he departed, saying to me that he would return soon or that I could go to the regular check in line. Got a definite feeling that he would have stayed to help me too if I was a ‘businessman’ instead. Ugggh.
The housekeepers missed my room though I was at a conference all day.
WiFi was spotty.
Spa lacked sauna and the quiet room was way too tiny.
Nice fitness facilities but no toilet close by.
Otherwise nice hotel and staff. Just missed that feeling of ‘care’ in the customer care.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room. Lots of jack hammers and loud construction going on.
1  Thank JD98040

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and I hope you accept our sincere apology for the lack of customer care you received during your recent stay. Please know your experience is not something that is the expectation of guests staying at our property nor how we want to represent the JW brand. We appreciate your honest feedback as it is integral to our ability to continue to better our services for the future. It is our hope you will allow us an opportunity to better your guest experience the next time you are back to this area. In the meantime, if I can be of further assistance please contact me at 512-474-4777. Sincerely, Scott Blalock, General Manager