“Some good/some disappointing ”

County Line on the Hill
Get food delivered
Ranked #105 of 3,982 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$18 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 20 March 2021 via mobile

Nine of us ate outside here on a beautiful Texas Friday night and enjoyed the experience even if some of the food was disappointing.

The good: service, the view, the prices, the appetizers (sausage and fried cheese bites) and the banana pudding. The disappointing: the bbq. I tried pulled pork, ribs and turkey. Just not my taste I guess. Having eaten at dozens of bbq places, this one missed the mark for me. Would only return for drinks.

Date of visit: March 2021
2  Thank clifs2014
Write a reviewReviews (353)

Reviewed 9 February 2021 via mobile

We love the County Line when we want barbecue. Last night’s dinner was wonderful. The location, service, barbecue options and delicious food were all top notch.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank rtnw
Reviewed 16 August 2020

Went to eat lunch the other day with a colleague and we both had the three meat plate, two ice teas and ordered home-style bread. Cost for both of us was $49 without tip. The portions were small and the chicken was mostly bone. I could not believe the portion sizes (meat) for what they called a three meat plate ($19). The view here is very nice.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 15 July 2020

Since we were coming from out of town, we called for information. We were greeted on the telephone by a friendly voice that seemed happy to answer our questions. On arrival we were seated by the window with a spectacular view. Our server, Smith, (cool first name) took great care of us and turned a Happy Hour / Dinner into a Fun afternoon. Food was excellent and we are looking forward to a return trip.

Date of visit: July 2020
1  Thank Ron H
Reviewed 16 June 2020 via mobile

We had a large wedding party with reservations and there was a slight mixup. When the manager realized we were serious about wanting to sit everyone on the patio, he made it happen! Very good service and we were all pleased with the food. I had the St. Louis pork ribs and they fell off the bone into the most wonderful sauce I think I have ever had. The manager even gave me a complementary bottle of the sauce. The view is to die for and we will definitely be back!!!!

Date of visit: June 2020