“Love this place great buffet is awsome lots to choose from”
Review of Star of India

Star of India
Ranked #874 of 4,188 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 2 May 2018

I have been going to this restaurant for 18 years and its the best in austin for sure. I get the buffet about 2 times a month and its delish. I also order the onion kulcha and they make it for me for the regular buffet price. So good you gotta try this place out.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

We have had lunch a couple of times here. The buffet has a good variety of items and they seem to re-fill items often. We like our food spicier, but do not expect that for a buffet where they have to tend to many tastebuds. We have yet to try anything off the menu yet. The staff are efficient and our water glasses are filled often. The decor in the restaurant is very nice too. Service=4, Value=4, Food=4

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Tandoori chicken and the lamb meatballs are excellent, Lentil soup is awesome. The buffet menu doesn't change often because what they have is all good.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Recently remodeled but the food is still consistently good. Always the same and always very good. Classic Indian food.

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

I love this restaurant. Have eaten here many times. Love the vegetable samosas. And the naan bread is cooked with a little char on it — yum. I order the $8 Kingfisher beer to go with my meal. Service is attentive. My only complaint = we like early dinner. They don’t unlock doors for dinner til 5:30. We sat in parking lot and waited tonight. Several other people jiggled the doors also. But only at 5:30 did they open. Sigh.

Been to Star of India? Share your experiences!