2,027 results
All reviews lady bird lake trio restaurant town lake lake view lobby bar luxury hotel room service the congress favorite hotel beautiful property the location is perfect heart of downtown happy hour live music convention center spa fs
Reviewed 14 November 2017

If you use American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts program, choose another option in Austin. The features that accompany that program are outstanding, and are not all met or even mentioned here. The food is excellent and most of the staff is friendly, but elevators are loud and the noise effects sleep, especially if your room is next to an elevator, and at least eight on every floor are close enough for the "ding" to be a real problem.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 55raychell
fsaustin, Front Office Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear Raychel,

I appreciate you making us aware of your recent experience and for taking the time to speak with me today about your concerns. We will be sure to address these concerns with our team members internally and ensure a perfect Fine Hotels and Resorts stay in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Michelle Enger
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 14 November 2017

The hotel staff were really great. All the staff we dealt with from the front desk, concierge, front doorman, pool and gym were very helpful. The grounds and pool are maintained so well. The location is perfect. Will gladly come again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I've stayed in many Four Seasons, and for the price, there is a specific level of service one expects. Unfortunately, all that this hotel has, is a name and overpriced rooms.

We arrived on a Friday, as we pulled up, we waited for 10 minutes for valet or someone to come help us unload our car. We finally gave up and went and got our own cart to unload. As we unloaded the last bag, we finally had someone come ask if we needed help. We were fine by then. I should mention, if you bring your own car, it is an additional $45/night to park there, on top of tipping the valet.

When we arrived, we asked to be placed on same floor (not even next to each other) with our friends. The best they could do? 2nd and 7th floor...

When we walked in, our room view was the gravel rooftop. I failed to mention, we were hosting a $40,000 event that night; with approximately 200 people in attendance, of which majority stayed in the hotel.

Our bathroom sink had ZERO water pressure; no matter if you opened hot or cold or both. You only had hot water or cold water, that dribbled out.

I'm not sure when the coffee machines were taken out of the hotel rooms? Even Holiday Inn has Keurig or some sort of coffee machines in the rooms. You have to go downstairs to get coffee in the morning.

The entire weekend, they only had ONE elevator running. I'm not sure if they reserve other ones for someone to come escort you out. You also couldn't take the stairs down because they led you outside to the back of the building, from which you had to walk around to get to the lobby.

Upon check out, because we were on the 2nd floor, elevators were packed every time. We stood for 30 minutes waiting on an elevator that was semi empty. The solution that was given to us by the manager? We'll show you where the stairs are. I'm sorry, $600/night and you can't provide elevator service when we have luggage to drag down with us?! Unacceptable.

During our event, which included dinner, the service was horrendous. I had to ask for water several times, no one came around to start serving our table with dinner until after I finally asked someone. I had to practically beg for someone to bring around the wine/drinks (which were payed for).

This was our second, and last year, to host this event at Four Seasons.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Julie K
fsaustin, Director of Catering and Conference Services at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear Julie,

I am deeply disappointed to hear that you experienced several service shortcomings during your stay and at your event. We at the Four Seasons pride ourselves on providing dedicated and exceptional service and I sincerely apologize that this was not the case while you and your guests were with us. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss these concerns with you further. I have provided my direct contact information below and I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Steve Marley
Director of Catering and Conference Services
512-685-8044
steve.marley@fourseasons.com

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Location, location and location with understated luxury thrown in. Would return in a heartbeat, just classy. Thouroughly enjoyed the hotel grounds with hammocks and fire pits for when it gets chilly. Trio was delicious, with a nice wine selection.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I was a little disappointed there was no coffee in the room so I had to go to the restaurant and pay $7.50 for one and wait in line so it took about 5 minutes. This isn't how I like to enjoy my relaxing morning. I also was looking forward to taking a bath and found only a large shower in the room which was also a bummer.

Trip type: Travelled on business