Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
eDreams
Trip.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 March 2020

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Alice TX, room 312, from 3/17/20 to 3/19/20 to attend my father’s funeral. The first time I used the shower, I noticed hair on the wall. I’m bald, so I know it wasn’t mine. I notified the hotel staff and requested that my room be thoroughly cleaned. After that, I tried to get coffee, but the coffee dispenser was almost completely empty, so I waited. When I was able to get a cup, I saw that the creamer dispensers had a crusty buildup on them, so I questioned whether the creamer was spoiled. I threw away my coffee. I booked the room through hotels.com and used a free night voucher which I received from using that site to book other stays. When I received my bill which had been slipped underneath my door, I noticed that I had been billed for two full nights. Upon checkout I notified the manager on duty, Judy Mistral, who told me that her staff had made a mistake. I explained that the billing was incorrect and told her about the hotels.com voucher. When I asked for the printed statement back in case I had any billing issues, she refused to return it to me. I asked her why several times, but all she would say is that her staff made a mistake. I asked her if my name, room number and dates of stay were on the bill I had handed to her; she verified all three but would not return the bill. I asked her for proof of my stay, but she denied giving me any proof from the hotel.

I would not recommend Holiday Inn at any location since this treatment is not only unacceptable, but because the room and breakfast area were unsanitary. In addition, I attempted to complete the Holiday Inn survey emailed to me, but my review was not accepted. Holiday Inn does not want other people to know how horribly it treats paying customers and how unclean its facilities are.

Date of stay: March 2020
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alice, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2020

Dear eddiegallegos,

We appreciate you for sharing your review about your recent stay.

I am very sorry that you did not experience an exemplary hotel stay because of the level of service your have received. On behalf of our hotel I apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced. I have sent you a private message to reaffirm my apologies.

I very much hope that you will grant us the opportunity to prove ourselves again.

Best Regards,

Ben W.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 13 March 2020 via mobile

The first room they gave me smelt like fove wet dog’s they moved me to another room that was much better. The rooms are outdated .. furniture wise. But the hotel is solid and I didn’t hear people walking above me or people on the hallways. The staff was great and I would stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alice, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2020

Hi Ugomoe,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I am so sorry for the issues you had with your room including the smell and the condition of the furniture. I was also concerned to read your comments about our internet connection. We only want you to enjoy a simple and smart travel and I will make sure to share your comments with our team for necessary improvements needed on our end.

Thank you for your part in helping us go in a positive direction and I still hope you would give us another chance in the future.

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

My review is not necessarily fair to the property as there were reasons beyond their control that affected my stay. Just giving an honest perception of my stay. The room rate was great! I pre-paid, but for a typical decent hotel with breakfast, it was a great rate! They are in the midst of remodeling, but not too big of a deal. Hopefully it rectifies, my next observation. Apparently the hotel was damaged during hurricane Harvey and was flooded as when you walk in the room, the mildew smell is very strong! Eventually you get used to it, but if you’re sensitive to that. I’d maybe request a higher level room? I’m guessing those are better as we were on the first floor. There were a few minor quirks that were off with the room, but very minor & possibly related to earlier said storm. The staff was very welcoming and friendly! No issues with them. Everyone from the front desk, to housekeeping to the breakfast lady, all wonderful and welcoming. I’d give the staff a solid 5 of 5 and the room a 1.5 of 5. Bed just wasn’t very comfortable at all. The fridge worked great, the microwave, so, so.. the ac unit worked great & actually kept the room really cool! Didn’t use the coffee maker, but looked nice and had a few k-cups to choose from. The breakfast was really good. I’d almost say they just edged out my usual hampton stay in the breakfast dept. typical hotel breakfast. Carton eggs and pre cooked sausage. The pankcake machine and cinnamon buns were great! I’m assuming prior to the storm damage, this property is usually far superior to its current state. That all being said. I’d probably stay again. My dislikes aren’t necessarily the properties fault. Just wanted to add an honest experience. Maybe my next stay I can bump up to 4 or 5 of 5 rating?

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank benaE827SA
holidayinnalice, Webmaster at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alice, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the comment. I am glad you recognized that due to Hurricane there were many issues you faced during your stay. We have shared your nice comment with all our staff. Please note that we have noted all your observations seriously and have taken remedial steps to see that things have been fixed. Breakfast staff received our commendation for their presentation. Thanks again for being our guest, we invite you to come back and validate the changes we will be implementing.

Sincerely
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Stayed here for a quick business trip. Nice facility, clean room and good value. Breakfast typical HI Express, but again decent for the money. Staff friendly. Entrance off the road coming from town not the easiest, but no reason not to stay here. Good choice in the area.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
holidayinnalice, Hotel Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alice, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2019

Hello Guest,

Greetings from the Holiday Inn Express Suites Alice TX.
We have noticed your feedback and thank you for the positive comments.
Your reviews are important to us to improve our hospitality further.
Customer satisfaction is important to us.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

We were traveling to Chicago from South Texas for a funeral. We had just passed the check point, when we blew a tire. It was Easter Sunday, and nothing was open. We made it as far as Alice, and needed to spend the night. It was only 11:00 AM, and we walked into the Holiday Inn Express. Audrey was at the front desk, we asked if there were rooms available for the night. We then told her what had happened and that we were stranded until the next morning. Audrey was extremely compassionate, she got us a room, gave us a great rate, allowed us to check in right then and there, no waiting until 3:00. The hotel is comfortable, clean and had everything we needed. In addition, it is perfectly located near stores, restaurants and very fortunately near several tire store options. I highly recommend choosing this location if you are ever in Alice!!!!!

Room tip: Excellent choice
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank holliej1

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us during your recent visit to our area.
We appreciate your review and the observations mentioned therein.
We are addressing your concerns related to the maid staff.
You shall definitely find the difference during your next visit.
We hope to see you back soon.

Hotel Manager.