Hotels.com
Fairfield Inn
Expedia
Agoda.com
Snaptravel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 April 2021

All I can say is if I owned a business that depended on customer service is I would hire Kayla ASAP. Chick FIla and Disney could learn from her!!!!!

Dominaca and Angela are wonderful also. I feel that they care about their jobs and customers.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2021

Kayla, who works the front desk, was extremely helpful and wonderful to my family. I had called the  Marriott Corporate office to modify my reservations to use my reward points. When corporate did not know how to make the change, Kayla immediately resolved the issue and helped us book a room with no problem.  Thank you, Kayla, for being extremely nice to weary travelers. The room was wonderful. This is an excellent hotel!

Reviewed 9 April 2021

Tayla went above and beyond the call of duty. She is a true professional and made our stay great. She called to make sure that my husband could safely park his race car trailer. SHe is extremely nice!!!

Reviewed 2 November 2020 via mobile

I booked a room on my Marriott app and agreed to a I booked a prepaid rate of $82/night. I received a confirmation number and even got an alert to check in the night before which I did successfully. We left for a 10 hour drive the day of check in and arrived at the hotel around 8pm.

Upon check in I was told my reservation was cancelled that morning. Upon investigation it seems that my expiration date changed on the credit card that I had stored and I didn’t update it in the app which caused the card to decline. I was confused as I was able to prepay and book the room so obviously a glitch in the app doesn’t flag a bad expiration date.

I was told me someone tried to email me that morning. I checked my email In front of him and I did not receive anything. I asked why no phone call. They claimed they didn’t have my number. In order to book on the app you must fill in email and phone number or you can’t submit the reservation so they must have had my number.

They offered me a room at full price. I couldn’t believe they couldn’t honor the price that was still showing as confirmed on my app. I argued but the line was now out the door and my two children and husband were getting upset so the gentleman at the desk said to just sign the agreement and he will work on it and call me in the morning.

The next morning I went to the desk and no manager again. She said that she would text the manager. She got back to me and said the manager could give me a higher HPU rate instead. I asked for the manager to call me. Crickets. That night again asked for a manger. Not there. Next day asked for a manager. Still not there! How is there no manager? And not even a call after I asked over and over for a manger to call me?

We had other issues in the room such as a toilet that wouldn’t flush, hallways filled with Pot smells, and customers not wearing masks in elevators and hallways.

After returning home I filled out a Marriott survey and the manager Erik Williams FINALLY emailed me. He claims he called me over the weekend and no answer. I have zero missed calls.. He said he stands by his decision to not honor my rate I agreed to and said he can’t control people not wearing masks.

Yes I take responsibility for the credit card not being updated but it happens with a stored card and the system accepted my reservation and gave me a confirmation number. Awful management - couldn’t care less about the poor quality of the room or the fact that the hotel reeks of pot. I will be staying elsewhere when visiting High Point University.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Erick Williams, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott High Point-Archdale, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2020

Good Afternoon,

We appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our daily operations. It is unfortunate that hotel policy and your needs were conflicting during your stay. As stated during previous communication, our staff followed direct hotel protocols. Unfortunately, that did not meet your expectations. We do apologize for any inconvenience.

Yours in Hospitality,

Erick Williams

Reviewed 10 August 2020 via mobile

We got here late and left early in the am but overall average hotel. Appeared to be clean, the beds were a little hard and pillows way too soft. I found it odd that during COVID they still had the coffee pot and phone in the room..all the other hotels I’ve stayed at have taken all these things out. They’ve done great with the breakfast option, you still get a hot breakfast it’s just served up by An employee instead of self serve.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jum Rommanee, Guest Services / Front Office at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott High Point-Archdale, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2020

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for selecting our hotel. We appreciate your business and value your feedback. I would like to sincerely apologize for your dsicomfort during your stay. I will use your feedback to fine tune our operations to enhance the overall guest experience. If your travels, bring your back to our area, please reach out to me directly to allow us to provide the best experience under the current circumsnatnces.

Yours in Hospitality,