All reviews grand deluxe room mid range hotel free buffet breakfast walking distance fast food cowboy grill reception staff a nice place to stay american embassy rooms are clean robinsons mall hot water rizal park standard room mini bar manila bay vic
Reviewed 14 October 2018

I have had a long proud history with the Lotus Garden Hotel staff from the doormen, front desks clerks, bellboys, housecleaners to the cooks especially during the Christmas, and other holidays. I used this hotel so much that I know which were the best rooms for WiFi connection, to which were the smokiest rooms. In the States Lotus Garden would be a standard Motel 6 hotel. But what made this hotel excellent was its' staff; they were outstanding in their hospitality. Being in the downtown area their doormen protected their guests from the beggars, scammers and squatters. The hotel location being closed to the United States Embassy was perfect.

But how things (hospitality attitude) have changed with the new staff ; we arrived late, tired and humble for our check in. I stood before the front desk clerk Faye for minutes before she acknowledged me. Normally a head nod or eye contact is all that is needed to acknowledge to a customer that they know that you are waiting but Faye answered several phone calls and a customer who jump a head of me before she looked at me; and when she did, she open her conversation with me with a frown. My wife take over for me with the check in since I was getting a negative response from Faye. There was a mistake with my booking, Faye then directed Shiela to complete our check in.

This is the communication "turned lopsided". During the communication process between Shiela and my wife, Faye abruptly signal Shiela, she then turned her back and started whispering as if we had done something criminal. My wife told Shiela that their actions were rude within their Filipino Culture and as a front desk customer service representative. Nothing was said after my wife spoke. Shiela then started speaking to me concerning which floor and room I desired; simply not acknowledging nothing of their behavior with m wife. I asked could I view the rooms to check WiFi signal availability.
We waited two hours and thirty minutes before I could check the rooms. Before my request of my room choice would have been less than a 15 minutes process but they made us wait 2 hours and thirty minutes. Their reason for the long wait, the rooms were not cleaned. I was given the entry room card and we started to get on the elevator but my wife said that Shiela did instruct the bellboy to help with our luggage. Thing just went south Lotus Garden Hotel hospitality and we cancelled our stay. Before I returned to Cebu, I spoke with the front office manager Raiza Camilian concerning our check in incident. She promised me that she would follow up on the incident and email me. That never happened. The customer relationship with the hotel started in 2007, it was lost in a minute due to their new front desk staff. I will not recommend this hospital anymore !

• Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank drgejasonjones
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights..we did not aske them to change the bedsheets. Afther checking out the wanted us to pay new bedsheets because they had some massage oil on it.
I told them just wash it with soap and hot water...then it will disappear. No sir...we want you to pay new...hahaha...they did not even fit properly. The clowns wanted just extra money from an old customer.For me it was an insult. If i drink red wine in an restaurant it can happen that some wine comes on the table. Readers...dont let them fool you.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank rons_11
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

We visited Lotus Garden Hotel during a two night stop over in Manila. The property was impecibly clean, though the rooms looked aged and require a much needed renovation. The complimentary breakfast provides a good balance between traditional Filipino food and western-style selections. What makes this hotel stand out is the service from the professional staff. From the friendly and informative doorman to the reception and restaurant staff. Vic, Cess, Larry, Adrian (front desk agent), all went out of their way to make our stay special. Worth looking up if you find yourself looking for accommodations in Manila.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Wevelyn63
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located. Walking distance to the Robinson's Mall, Cowboy Grill and the US Embassy. Very friendly staff. Accommodations are reasonably priced. Amenities are good, including ref, mini bar, hot water maker and hair dryer. Breakfast buffet was excellent. Would stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Hi i just call your reservation contact center now but seems chris she or he is not sure about the hotel facilities and what is included in the package i want to book for us on sept 14 to 16 2 room at main building nit the old builduing. I want to ask if what is included in balikbayan deal and if we are 4 adult and have 2 kids with us age 2 and 10. Just want to know if all of us can get free breakgast buffet? And how about the room what size of bed we can get and are there tables and chair or kitchenette in the room? The other room is delux room as well or superior room good for 2 adult and 2 kids age 3 and 5 again want to ask if all of them including the kids can get free buffet breakfast. Were hoping for your quick responce.

Were family who wants to travel.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
LGH-RM, Manager at Manila Lotus Hotel (Formerly Lotus Garden Hotel), responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Hi Ma'am Cristina,

Greetings from Lotus Garden Hotel!

Thank you for your inquiry. I am happy to know that you have already a confirmed booking with us. I apologize with the first misunderstanding you have had with one of our staff. I am glad that I received and could answer and assist your queries.

Please do not hesitate to email me directly would you have other concern on your reservation with us.

On behalf of the team we are looking forward to welcome you soon.

Best Regards,