Hotels.com
eDreams
Agoda.com
ZenHotels.com
Trip.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 March 2020

I stayed 2 nights in the Mookai Hotel before embarking on a boat trip. The best thing that can be said about this hotel is that it has a superb location, so good that it makes up for some of the many, many defects. The ferry from the airport docks very close by and it is no more than 3-4 minutes walk from the wharf. That aside there is virtually nothing to recommend the Mookai. The sleeping room was cramped with twin beds. The only power outlet in the entire room was inconveniently located under a fixed desk that held the kettle, papers etc. Charging anything meant getting down on your hands and knees and crawling underneath to plug in the cord. There were no surfaces for placing anything except this desk which was small and already crowded out by the kettle and tea making stuff. The lights, centre and beside each bed gave surprisingly good light but the shade on one was ripped. (I can't believe that a hotel that charges as much as the Mookai would not replace a tatty lightshade.) The room had quite a large balcony with absolutely nothing on it except the A/C unit. Couldn't they provide at least a chair or two especially as the rooftop was out of bounds for some event that blocked off any guest access to the swimming pool.

In the bathroom the plug in the sink was jammed open and there was nowhere in the shower to place anything except on t he floor and that included even the piece of soap. On the plus side the water was hot and plentiful.

The in-room A/C worked well and the wifi connected easily and seemed stable but wouldn't actually connect to most websites except the BBC. Perhaps there is some sort of blocking mechanism which I am willing to believe may not be the hotel's fault.

My floor had what looked like a communal lounge at one end with TV, sofas, dining table and furnitureless balcony but it turned out that there was a lockable outer door and the lounge was available to just the several of rooms grouped around it - which didn't include my room.

Finally, on a positive note, the reception staff were smily and helpful providing directions to a "beauty salon" on Male the island and even telephoning to make an appointment for me. Overall, this is a "no alternative" hotel - I would only ever stay there if there was no alternative and I could get a very good price for the room.

Reviewed 14 February 2020 via mobile

The Hotel location is very good. Nearby Male Ferry Terminal. One can take ferries very easily to visit local islands ie: Hulhumale etc. However the hotel rooms and facilities are old, but they have maintained it very well. The room was very neat and clean, the AC worked fine. The hotel staff at reception, restaurant even the Front Guard is very prompt and helpful.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mookaihotel, Reservation officer at Mookai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2020

Dear Sunshi,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to read that our team members were able to ensure you a comfortable stay at our hotel.

Regards,
Mookai Hotel Management Team

Reviewed 30 January 2020

I was on a half board booking for 6 nights. The disappointment started off from the time of check-in

1) Made to wait for 2 hours for check-in as the room wasn't ready. I reached the hotel at 5 pm MVT. Else, I had to take a twin room.

2) The restaurant across the street is the location for breakfast and other meals based on your meal option. Day 1 Dinner, was told to choose from their fixed lunch menu, Day 2 Dinner onwards, I was told the menu items can be shown but never was explained what fits into a half board. I was only told. Oh, this isn't in the plan or we will adjust it into the plan. Day 3 onwards, no buffet Breakfast because of not many guests in the hotel. Again I was not told what is the spread if there is no buffet. Black Coffee is awful.

3) The room is rundown and the TV remote had dust. So not sure how good is the housekeeping

The only positive was the laundry even though it wasn't express service, I got it back by the end of the day instead of the usual 36 hours. Also, the sitting area behind the lift area. It is a nice place to meet friends and chitchat

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2020

I started to use this hotel in 2017 when I travelled to Male for a business requirement after 16 years. The hotel that I used to stay Nasandura Palace was under construction.,
This hotel offered a breakfast Buffet in 2017 but when I went in 2018 and in 2019 Dec I found the Quality has gone down.
I must indicate that the staff up from the technician/driver to top most accountant were super friendly staff.

Room tip: Go for larger rooms towards sea front on 7th floor.
Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Mookaihotel, Reservation officer at Mookai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2020

Dear Prasanna,

Thank you for your helpful feedback! Our team has taken you suggestion very seriously and is working hard on improving this.
Glad to read our team members were helpful and friendly.
The entire team look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 6 January 2020

Reservation on agoda, they ask to pay 144 USD for an extra bed, After my compliance to agoda they canceled the reservation, still waiting for reimbursement. After that they send me to the branch mookai suites.

Date of stay: January 2020
Mookaihotel, Reservation officer at Mookai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2020

Dear Toni,

We are sorry to hear regarding the issue you faced with the booking.
We have addressed the extra bed charge issue to Agoda as well.

Regards,