Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Official Hotel Site
US$1,110
View deal
Vio.com
Etrip
All reviews swing bar ylang ylang underwater restaurant chef rahul sunset cruise island host our honeymoon water villa special thanks food truck special mention beautiful sunset unforgettable memories taking care resort staff food and beverage fish
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 September 2022

We stayed in lobigili for our honeymoon. The service was outstanding. One of the best resorts in Maldives. Lisa was always a call away and so helpful which made our stay even more memorable. Food is so good with lots of variety. The only BLU experience was unforgettable. We loved everything ilang ilang offered. Our stay was incredible. The general manager RAM and island chief NASRU was also always checking up on us and asking whether we need anything. Would totally recommend this resort. A straight 10/10 :)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Elvira Famisan, Other at OBLU SELECT Lobigili, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2022

Dear Lyn Mohamed A

Warm greetings from OBLU SELECT Lobigili!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us and for choosing OBLU SELECT LOBIGILI as your honeymoon destination in the Maldives.

We are so thrilled to know that you had a memorable stay in the LOVE ISLAND, rated us 10/10, and appreciate the outlasting service from our team who always go beyond the ordinary just to give our guests an unforgettable service. Rest assured that we will share to comments with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 25 September 2022

We used it on our honeymoon and it was a memorable trip.
The hotel was clean and comfortable.
Ms. May, the person in charge, was very kind to me.

It was fun to visit the hotel next door.
The atmosphere was completely different!

Dinner was delicious, especially Italian.

However, there are some disappointing points.
・It's cold at night because the bath is outside.
・There were a lot of helpful staff, but one of them was very anfriendly and didn't even serve water.
I felt that the service was changed depending on nationality.
I think she was friendly to the Chinese and Europeans.
・There is only one restaurant, so I get bored of staying there for a long time.
Dinner was well thought out and I enjoyed it, but basically breakfast and lunch have the same contents.
We ate everything at a restaurant in lobigili, but we should have gone to the hotel next door.

But overall, I really enjoyed it.
Speedboards are included in the cost, so I felt it was a great deal.

Thank you for the wonderful time.

2  Thank Mrs M
Elvira Famisan, Other at OBLU SELECT Lobigili, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2022

Dear Mrs M

Warm greetings from OBLU SELECT Lobigili!

Thank you so much! A very detailed review for choosing OBLU SELECT Lobigili as your honeymoon destination in the Maldives.

Knowing that you enjoyed your stay in our resort makes us happy and inspired, however, we will look into the points where you had disappointments, rest assured that we will do the necessary measures to improve our service.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 September 2022

No idea how this place has such high reviews on trip advisor. Average is the best that could be said of the stay. It is advertised and priced as a luxury resort but falls short of that in most categories. I will say the whole place photographs very nice which along with the reviews is what lured us in.

Good parts first as easiest.The Rooms are very nice, can't really fault the quality there. Staff are friendly and well meaning, but they haven't got a lot to work with. Great photo ops everywhere.

The rest...Arriving on the island there seems to be no reception counter, just the bar. Not sure who handles issues.

Quickly realised there is only one real dining option. The main restaurant is where you will be eating 3 times a day off the same limited menu for the duration of your stay. By day 2 we were done with everything we wanted to try off the menus. Quality of the food is very average.

1 meal included in the underwater restaurant. Additional meals there are $300 and that is high for what you get. Multiple menus all sharing the same starters and deserts. Food obviously prepared elsewhere and sent to the island to serve.

There is no room service. If you get hungry outside of the main service hours the mini bar contains a single mars bar for the 2 of you to share
Food quality at both restaurants is average at best put presentation makes it photo well

Under the flight path for male airport so constant jet planes landing spoils the tranquil settings

Very slow internet. I clocked it at 1 to 3.5mps

Verandah/pool area of the room is only screened on one side so you get to watch your neighbours moving around on the other side. No overhead screening options like umbrellas

As there was no reception counter on the last night our resort assistant came to our room to settle our bill on a portable card reader. After everything was settled she then copied my full card number and expiry date onto a piece of paper "for her system". I had to take it off her as this is a massive breach of card security practice.

Watery cocktails. I was served a long island that was black and tasted primarily of coke. Tried a martini to eliminate prep errors and it was also watery.

My main gripe is the overall feeling of deception. The website seems to promise other dining options like the bar and food truck. Bar has "snacks" 2 hours a day and the food truck is closed. The other island is offered as a dining option with a restaurant and bar to eat at. The "restaurant" was like an airport lounge with hot food sitting in containers to pick from. We asked about the bar and were told there is no food there. We went back to our island to order the same food we had eaten the previous day already.

By day 2 we had a desire to get out of there and go to a different resort. A 5 star resort is promised but aside from the rooms a 3 star experience is delivered.

You probably couldn't take a bad photo anywhere on the island. Presentation has been given the highest priority. Actual customer experience comes a very distant second place.

Room tip: Avoid. Many better options in the maldives
1  Thank benwQ2034BC

Dear Ben W

Warm greetings from OBLU SELECT Lobigili!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us in the Trip Advisor review.

It is indeed saddening to learn of your unfavorable experiences in many aspects of our service. Having reviewed your comments in detail, I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the many shortfalls that you had to face. Please be assured we have already addressed the relevant departments to continuously adapt and improve our services.
I do indeed, thank you for your kind words towards our staff as this will definitely encourage them to further strive for perfection.

Reviewed 25 September 2022

덕분에 너무 행복하고 여유로운 허니문을 보냈습니다. 로비길리에서의 추억을 못 잊을것같아요. 모두 친절하시고, 음식도 맛있고, 깨끗하고, 조용해서 좋았어요. 다음에 꼭 다시 오고싶어요.
Thanks to you, I had a very happy and relaxed honeymoon. I don't think I can forget the memories in Robigili. I liked it because everyone was kind, the food was delicious, clean, and quiet. I really want to come back next time.

Dear 유리 정

Warm greetings from OBLU SELECT Lobigili!

Thank you for choosing LOVE ISLAND as your honeymoon Destination in the Maldives and for sharing your great review of your stay.

We are so glad to know that your stay in our resort was unforgettable. Your appreciation of the food, the cleanliness of the island, and the hospitality from our kind colleagues motivates the team to stay excellent and keep a high standard of service.

Looking for to welcoming you again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 24 September 2022

I had an awesome experience.. i would like to ake special mention of our iland host kelly.. everything was surreal.. i would definitely like to plan a trip once again..thank you oblue for unforgettable experience....will never forget....

Dear Mukesh

Warm greetings from OBLU SELECT Lobigili!

Thank you for choosing LOVE ISLAND as your Holiday Destination in the Maldives and for taking the time to share your wonderful stay with us

We are so happy to know that you had an awesome experience in our resort and appreciate the service provided by our hardworking colleagues who made sure that you had an unforgettable experience during your stay
We hope to see you again soon.

Warm Regards,