Hotel Sunroute Osaka Namba
US$281
US$136
US$96
  • Restaurant
All reviewskuromon marketawesome shoppinggreat locationdotonbori streetfood paradisewarm airtypical sizeroom was cleanfriendly english speaking staffroom size is smallsashimimin walkstrategic locationcost yenyour luggagetrain stationdouble bedroom
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited during spring this year. Good Location , helpful stuff, went with a couple of friends and we enjoyed the stay
the only thing is breakfast can be improve and the atmosphere is very rowdy at times. Will be back!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed here a few weeks ago. I was lost from the group I was traveling with, and needed a place to stay for a few nights. The staff was so friendly and helpful. They really made me feel safe and welcome. At one point I was having difficulty getting a movie ticket from the machine. The young man behind the counter went with me and got me the ticket himself. Then I came back to the front desk later because I needed to call the airline and change my travel plans back home. The staff member came to my room, explaining that there was a Smart phone available for my use, and he showed me how to use it. The day I left the hotel, I asked the girl at the front desk if it would be possible to secure a taxi out front. It was raining at the time. She took me under her umbrella and walked to the street with me, and hailed a cab. The driver was confused by my directions (I don't know Japanese) so she clarified with me where I was going, and translated to the driver. This was the best hotel I have ever stayed at!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Promise
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Visited in April 2018 during the Sakura season. Great location- within 5 mins walk to 7-11, Family Mart, subway station, Dotonbori & Kuromon Market, shinsaibashi shopping. Ideal for shopping and many restaurants/eateries nearby. Rooms are compact and clean- stayed in the economy double room. Comfortable bed. Staff are helpful & speak English. There's also a currency exchange machine in the hotel. The limo bus to Kansai airport is only about 8min away. Managed to keep our bags at the concierge after check out and before leaving for the airport.

Minor issues- Air con was a bit warm at night, so we had to open the window at times. The bathroom and bathtub were pretty small compared to the other hotels we have stayed in. Lobby crowded at times.

Will book again due to location, value & helpful staff

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Startrackers
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

For the price I don't think you could get a better location in Osaka - right across the street from Dotonbori! The only little thing is that you have to get to Shin-Osaka from the Namba station if you're taking any shinkansens, but that is easily done. Room was standard Japanese size but clean and modern. We had an issue with our first room as there were very loud guests near us but the hotel customer service was great and got us an upgraded room which was much more quiet. Would recommend!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

With only one night in Osaka I wanted to be close to Dotombori but even when I booked I didn't realized how close I was, literally only 1 blocs away. The other great thing was how easy it was (with the help of goole map) to get on subway and you have a station less than 5 min walking distance of the hotel. The hotel is modern has a very cool vibre. My room had a view of the Dotombori river which was good and probably a lot quieter than if you're facing the main street, as another reviewer had mentioned, the sirens of emergency vehicles echo thru the streets and are super loud but I didn't hear any noise from the other patrons. The room had anything you could need even a smart phone to use during your stay! It's the first time that I actually saw that available for free. Cool! The bed and pillows were firm but comfortable. The room was a typical size for Japan but functional and clean. I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, the staff was polite and very helpful with the check in, it was 15 min before 3pm so they gave me a voucher to check in electronically later and offer to keep my luggage but since it was only minutes till check in I just waited. The lobby was actually full of travelers waiting for 3pm to check in, still, I was in my room less than 5 min after 3pm. I definitely recommend this hotel, I had a great stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo