Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
Trip.com
All reviews free dinner massage chair coffee machine standard japanese hotel budget hotel nagano station one night stay room was clean shampoo escalator lobby upwards exit tv luggage
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 October 2019 via mobile

I was already expecting a small room, the point of choice was mainly location and price, but boy oh boy, I sure was disappointed.
My worst experience ever, the bathroom looks like it's falling apart, but maybe just because most of the touched up paint is peeling off. The ventilation system doesn't seem to be cleaned in ages but the worst part was the constant noise. I had 2 nights booked and ad to leave after the first night, forget about the money and just booked another hotel. I don't need much, but my sleep is a must.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2019

Good budget hotel! Had a decent one night stay. Room may be a bit old but it's alright. Apparently some of the rooms have massage chair. Breakfast was good.
^the escalator works downwards in the morning, and upwards in the afternoon.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2019

I read through reviews here before booking, and readily knew what to expect upon arrival. The hotel is just located across JR Nagano station west exit (Zenkoji exit), and just a stone throw away from Nagano Electric Railway (for Snow Monkey Park) exit 2. The strange thing is, the hotel lobby is on 2F, but there is only one escalator which goes downward during check-out period, and upward otherwise. Hotel guests can of course make use of the staircase, but those with heavy luggage ought to take note.
I booked a non-smoking Twin room and found the room without any table, the space basically doesn't allow one. There's just one tiny cabinet for the cups and kettle, and another cabinet for the fridge and TV. Frankly speaking, the room itself has nothing much to brag about, but what's eye-catching in the room has to be the free massage chair, and that's the specific reason why I booked a twin room! Although we struggled to figure out the meanings of the Japanese instructions on the remote control, we spent lots of time relaxing on it nonetheless, enjoying the various massaging modes. Despite being a budget hotel, the toilet does provide standard Japanese hotel amenities such as bidet toilet and shampoo, the reason why I mentioned shampoo is because, if you are unsatisfied with their shampoo, you can always grab one of the many other shampoo varieties from the lobby (but please remember to return them), which also offers free coffee.
If you have time in the evening, do visit 10F. Although the free dinner offer ceased end May 2019, there are 3 free massage chairs catering to guests whose room doesn't have one (my opinion is that, the one in-room is slightly more comfortable but the one here can recline to a lower angle), and the hotel thoughtfully placed the massage chair facing Nagano station for a better view. Over here, there are also free tea bags plus coffee machine, and a comics corner for the manga fans. They have very popular titles such as Slam Dunk, Dragon Ball, One Piece etc, but naturally they are all in Japanese. There is also a coin laundry room, washing is 300 Yen (no detergent required), and another 100 Yen if you require drying, but they have a curfew from 9.30pm onward, which I presume is out of concern for guests staying immediately down stair.
I actually just stayed one night prior to visiting Snow Monkey Park, the hotel is kind enough to store my luggage overnight until I came back another day later. The selling point of the hotel is the many amenities they offer (though I also find the room reasonably comfortable), this hotel is one of the most remarkable we stayed during our 2 weeks holiday because of these, and the price we secured is awesome given its prime location along with these amazing facilities.
The concierge we met are able to communicate in basic English only.

Room tip: Basically, only Twin rooms have massage chair in-room, but not all of them have it
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank fairysky
Reviewed 31 December 2018 via mobile

The hotel is directly across the road from Nagano station. Rooms are very tiny. The double bed barely fits 2 people. It was a struggle to have 2 suitcases in the room. The bathroom was odd, like an aeroplane bathroom... very tiny. The double room is much more suited to 1 person. Staff didn't speak English, but were very helpful.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2018 via mobile

It is located directly opposite the train station. And the reception is on the 2nd floor. Luckily the escalator operates down 8n the morning and up in the evenings.

A little small as every twin bedrooms come with a massage chair. Great after a long day of walking but it also takes up space.

It also provides complimentary coffee Arron the coffee machine at the reception. And free to try shampoo of various brands. Quite different from other hotels.

Else everything is standard japanese hotel.

Good for short stays. We were there for 3 nights.

Date of stay: November 2018