Book In Advance

from US$11.08
from US$101.58
from US$90.00
6,823 results
All reviews real geisha geisha spotting geisha walking interesting area narrow streets the main street traditional japan yasaka shrine walk around lots of shops tea house walking tour nice walk tea ceremony kyoto station maiko tourists
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

My most favourite place in whole Japan. Atmosphere there is mesmerizing and wonderfull. It took me to the place from my favourite book Geisha. It was 3km walk from my hotel room and i still remember the path like i walked it yesterday.

1  Thank Eliška S
Reviewed 29 May 2018

There wasn't that much to see to be quite honest, we came around 5 pm and we did see a couple geisha wondering around, but there wasn't a lot happening. It doesn't have a particularly authentic old-timey feel, as most of the traditional buildings have modern additions such as air conditioners etc. It wasn't peak time when we came but the more old-fashioned streets were still quite busy with tourists so try to go relatively early or later in the evening. There are a few nice views to see if you have the time, but I wouldn't say this is a must-see.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

We went down early in the morning when no crowds were there then again around 6 when it was busy. Saw some geishas and walked the lantern alleyways

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

We visited the Gion district twice during our stay in Kyoto and both times were enchanted. The lovely old buildings, the streetscape with the cherry trees now leaf covered and of course the lovely women in their national costume who though not Geishas were beautiful.
On our second visit we were lucky enough to see three Geishas.
The best time to see Geishas is at night as the lights add to the wonderful atmosphere.
There are many excellent antique shops.

1  Thank julie_higgins
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Was here with my family of 5 during our stay in kyoto from may 25 to 28, 2018. It was because of my daughters’s interest in the place that we went here. But after reading up on geishas im glad we went to this place. Though we didnt see any maikos or geikos my wife and i are however planning to come back here during the 2019 spring festival. Hopefully then we could get to see maikos and geikos :)

Date of experience: April 2018