“A Must try Dessert”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: Gion
Reviewed 18 June 2015

Title said it all, even you don't like dessert if you are there go and give it a try...It maybe a bit tricky to find the shop even it located on the main road.

Reviewed 8 June 2015

Not usually such a huge fan of green tea desserts but i have to say being in Kyoto, we knew we had to try a good one after so many of these green tea houses dotted around in Kyoto. The signature tsujuri parfait was priced ard $12aud and was the best dessert we had the whole trip. So good without being cloyingly sweet, texturally had rice balls with jelly, as well as ice cream, match syrup, matcha whipped cream. Def recommend.

2  Thank jennifer s
Reviewed 4 June 2015

We arrived around 5 pm - the place was a little hard to find but it is on a main road and you just need to pay attention to the signs and not be fazed by the shop selling green tea on the bottom floor. It really doesn't look like a restaurant - look for the model parfaits on the wall and walk up the staircase to your left. There was no line when we arrived, but there was definitely one on the stairs when we left.

We had the Tsujiri parfait, which has chestnuts, red bean, matcha jelly, matcha ice cream, hojicha jelly, and matcha whipped cream, and another parfait with a little less matcha - rice dumplings and vanilla ice cream. They weren't cheap - about 1000 yen each - but were delicious and hit the spot after a long day of wandering around Kyoto.

1  Thank skm71109
Reviewed 26 May 2015 via mobile

Theres is always a queue. But the parfait alone is worth the queue. And you get 30% discount to buy the goods downstairs.

Reviewed 16 May 2015

Whenever I'm in Kyoto, I will definitely pay them a visit. I was so looking forward to have their matcha soft serve but only to find out that they do not sell them in winter time. I was pretty shocked! I seldom eat their parfait as the portion was too huge for my appetite as I'm not really a dessert person. But I really love matcha related produce.
I went there for dinner and bear in mind that, most of the time, you will need to queue in order to dine there. There wasn't much cooked food in their menu, as they mostly sell dessert. So, both me and my friend ordered their udon which was made from tea in miso broth. It was so simple and yet, so delicious. Their udon is not the usual thick and fat one. But it was just like those soba type noodle but with chewiness. Do give it a try if you wanted to try something simple.
According to my friend, their cold matcha tea with lemon was amazing. The lemon complimented well with the matcha tea.

Date of visit: January 2015