“A new taste for me.”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Description: Shop Holiday:Tuseday and Fourth Wednesday
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visited Japan for the first time in April determined to try local food,I was not disappointed,this meal was amazing no matter what way you mixed it.I had the Special which was mainly Seafood with loads of Noodles.Give it a try.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Joined the cue here for lunch, waited 90min for a table and yes it's decent food and theatre of cooking, but seriously over rated now and my only guess is it's quality is suffering due to its popularity.

Tasted significnaly better version of the same thing down the road (look for my review) at a lot less ¥ and much better atmosphere.

Will not recommend or return

1  Thank JustJessPerth
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Im somewhat of a picky eater and we came here after seeing their review on trip advisor. Well after the hour long wait time, I was open to what was in store. It is busy in here so if you are looking for something quiet this is not it. I was so happy I waited in line, such a different, interesting, memorable eating experience. I can say I have never tasted anything like it in my life but it was sooo good try the sauces!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing place with friendly team! Happy to explain the food and talking with you.
The Okonomiyaki is incredible and a speciality from the region.
Definitely have to go there and try this food.
A preference to go to the bar and see them how to prepare that meal!

1  Thank Jérôme T
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Okonomiyaki is delicious, no matter if it's hiroshima style or osaka style. But, if you had to make us choose, we would say that Nagata-ya hiroshima style okonomiyaki is our favorite! The portions are huge and the prices are cheap for Japan. This restaurant is worth a visit even if you're just passing through Hiroshima for the day or if you're passing hiroshima on the way to somewhere else!