Lowest prices for your stay
US$173
Free cancellation until 14/07/22
ExpediaUS$180
Agoda.comUS$169
Trip.comUS$215
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 December 2018 via mobile

My family n myself was there on 14 December 2018.
The hotel was a little old but very well maintained. The place was clean.
The buffer breakfast and dinner was great. Plenty of choice on Japanese and Western food.
While having dinner, I could have accidentally misplaced
my mobile phone. Went over to the dinning Hall counter and spoke to a young lady (intern or trainess) and request for assistance to locate my mobile phone. Spoke to her in English but she could not understand what I was talking about.
She has a look more of a lady from China. So I spoke to her in Mandarin. She responded so fast in Mandarin and I was so delighted as someone could understand what I was taking about. Within next next 20 minutes she found my mobile phone as was looking high n low for me to return my phone as I was still walking around trying to locate my phone.
I couldn't believe it that someone really found it and returned it.
I couldn't Thanks her enough.
It's great to have a great n honest staff . Am so happy with the return till forgotten to ask for her name.
Will like to take this opportunity to say ..Thank You.

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed 3 December 2018

1 night in this hotel just for onsen experience, a lot of people come for onsen at here, then no peace area to relax. Room is wide, worm and comfortable but wifi is poor signal. Diner and breakfast are plain.

Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank Sawai P
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

would reccomend if you go there with friends and children. the staff there is very helpful even though they dont speak english. the water park is fun and the buffet is very good.. drinks in the buffet are a little high and if you order the refillabel your whole group has to order the same thing and it is only good for an hour.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 19 April 2018

The bus ride is free from Sapporo to their hotel. It is an hour bus ride but first you have to find the location of where you have to take the bus and that was very difficult to find. A piece of paper on a wall near an ATM machine in the underground walkway by a bank building near Odori Park. WOW. We managed with the help of our receptionist at Mercure hotel. What a patience and efficiency was she. Then at the bank building, they understood and walked down with us even though it wasn't their job to do so. The name of the bus is Donan Bus and they even have wifi on board. Once you reach the hotel, you are surrounded by mountains! The lobby is massive and the hotel is equally massive. It was crowded with tourists and kids running around everywhere. Some people only come for the day. The hotel has 2 large swimming pool and huge onsen, which people frequent daytime. There was lots of tourists that did stay one or two nights like us. Their have a massive dining hall where they only serve buffet food. People come down dressed in Yukata for dinner or even breakfast. There is no quality in the food but it is plentiful. They have also another upscale restaurant which was much more expensive and more exclusive. Maybe they served better food there. We used their onsen (they have a few) and you need to go outside of peak time to fully enjoy it. We walked the town a lot and visited a few places. The staff at the hotel spoke little English. There was free wifi everywhere and the room was overlooking the river which was fabulous. The room was large with a king size bed and a twin bed. The bedsheets were not large enough to cover the whole bed...strange and also the blankets. It was very kitsch looking in gold colour but a small bathroom. It looked in need of refurbishing. I think it's a very old hotel. I loved Jozankei and would like to go back if in Hokkaido and sty at a different place, maybe not so crowded!

Room tip: overlooking the river
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maitheng
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We drove to the hotel directly from Chitose Airport. The car rental company did not provide snow chains for the tyres as they insisted that the car’s snow tyres are good for all road conditions. Google map brought us to a bridge near the back of the hotel and after we managed to cross the narrow bridge that was totally piled in snow, our car could not get pass an icy patch onto the uphill slope. We called the front desk and although the front desk personnel who answered the phone was trying to help, we could not properly tell her where exactly we were stuck. We were almost in a state of panic given we were a group of 4 females.
I decided to run towards the hotel building and found a gentleman at the loading/unloading area and I asked for help. He quickly rounded up 4 other gentlemen and they immediately ran to our car to provide assistance. They helped to push the car 1/3 way up the slope before the car was able to drive the rest of the way up.
Only after that did they ask where we were staying for the night. It amazed me that these gentlemen were so quick to offer help and assistance in the dark, cold and snowy night even though we may not have been guests at the hotel.
After we had parked and was checking in, one of the ladies at the front desk approached me and asked if I had called earlier asking for help. She was so relieved and glad that we made it to the hotel.
We were given a bigger room and it looked pretty special compared to the rest of the rooms on the same level (ours had a little roof). Buffet dinner was delicious, although not great in terms of variety, but the crabs were fresh and sweet and the beef was grilled to perfection.
The onsen was relaxing and we enjoyed our stay there. Will definitely stay there again but we would not necessarily trust google map’s choice of routes.

Date of stay: February 2018