Lowest prices for your stay
US$165
ExpediaUS$165
Booking.comUS$93
Agoda.comUS$93
1,953 results
All reviews dianchi lake the club lounge home away from home chinese restaurant beautiful property conference hotel room service huge hotel business trip business or pleasure city centre booked a club room wide range spacious room restaurant staff breakfast buffet china
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 June 2020 via mobile

What a terrible stay here never be back for a Sprie Ambassador. Far away from this hotel. So terrible service Ketty Zhang from the front desk and Chris Xu on duty. Should avoid this two guys! No good experience at all. Should stay at the Hualuxe and crowne plaza, which have a great stay there, not this ic! Or stay at the Sofitel also much better than this intercontinental. What a shame for that!

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank renegf
JeffreyYuan, 总经理 at Intercontinental Kunming, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2020

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at InterContinental Kunming

I would like to start by apologizing to you for the inconveniences you faced during your stay.

We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention. We take feedback seriously and will coach our team to make the necessary changes so we can provide a better experience in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 0871-63188888 or email us for more details.

Jeffrey Yuan

Reviewed 3 December 2019 via mobile

I stayed there just one night for the 2019 SCO Kunming International Marathon. This is the best location for any races I participated in before! The start/finish line was right at the back of the hotel. It took me literally 8min to get there from my room! Apart from the marathon, the location is also very convenient for other Kunming’s attractions. The hotel is very good. The staff are very professional and helpful. The only problem is a heavy traffic around the hotel. So, allow yourselves a lot of time for getting there from the airport!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
JeffreyYuan, 总经理 at Intercontinental Kunming, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2019

Thank you for your stay in InterContinental Kunming. We are glad to know that you have a great experience in here. We always take the “In The Know” as the service concept. We hope you feel at home. We look forward to seeing you again. InterContinental Kunming General Manager Office

Reviewed 20 November 2019

It is Located on Dianchi Lake and away from the centre of Kunming.

Huge Hotel, with appropriate service, and Plenty of space in the Lobby.
The GArden is Great,
and on the Clear Night , you can see the stars.

Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank HongKong1234
JeffreyYuan, 总经理 at Intercontinental Kunming, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2019

Dear guest, thank you for choosing InterContinental Kunming and taking time to share your recent stay experience with us. We are truly grateful to know that you enjoyed an excellent stay experience with us.We all look forward to welcoming you back in your next trip to Kunming.

Reviewed 3 November 2019 via mobile

Beautiful hotel whether on business or vacation. Incredibly large and if walking long distances is an issue, ask for a room closer to the front desk. The restaurant staff should be more attentive. The lounge was quiet and not crowded. Despite a nonsmoking policy, inconsiderate guests smoke in the hotel.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Neozhaoyixiao, General Manager at Intercontinental Kunming, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2019

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at InterContinental Kunming. A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. Regarding the situation that some guests still smoke indoor, we would pay more attention and strengthen management. We hope you will visit us again and we can provide a better service.

Reviewed 27 October 2019

Look no further. Highly recommended.

This seems to be a brand-new property, and it's gorgeous. The rooms are so well designed you just won't want to leave the room at all. My view wasn't spectacular, but I was in the most affordable room available, and the garden below was very nice.

The service was perfect. I don't have tons of points, but I booked through the app as a member and they treated me like royalty. The staff is very well trained and truly kind.

Unfortunately I was just passing through Kunming for one evening, so I can't speak to the location. It does seem to be positioned more as a business and conference hotel than a holiday venue, but when I return to Kunming for either business or pleasure I'll go out of my way to stay here again. One thing I can say about the location is it's in a newly developed area, so the neighborhood lacks the charming street vibe and inexpensive restaurants that other parts of Kunming have.

I had room service - a burger - and the breakfast buffet. Both very good.

Last but not least, this hotel was an amazing value. I couldn't have been happier with the room and experience at the price I paid, which was competitive with hotels not nearly this lovely.

Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Neozhaoyixiao, General Manager at Intercontinental Kunming, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2019

Dear guset, thank you for sharing your experience with us in detail. We really appreciate your positve feedback of our hotel and it is a great encouragement that you could have a pleasant stay duiring this journey. Our hotel is close to Dianchi Lake and other famous tourism attractions. It is within 20mins drive to the shopping centres such as Park 1903. We look forward to your next visit and hope you can have more time to explore Kunming.

Yours sincerely,