Lowest prices for your stay
Expedia
US$126
US$114
SAVE US$12
Free cancellation until 10/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
US$126
Free cancellation until 13/03/21
Agoda.comUS$114
Trip.com
ZenHotels.com
1,956 results
All reviews dianchi lake the club lounge home away from home chinese restaurant beautiful property conference hotel room service huge hotel business trip business or pleasure city centre booked a club room wide range spacious room restaurant staff breakfast buffet china
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 December 2019 via mobile

I stayed there just one night for the 2019 SCO Kunming International Marathon. This is the best location for any races I participated in before! The start/finish line was right at the back of the hotel. It took me literally 8min to get there from my room! Apart from the marathon, the location is also very convenient for other Kunming’s attractions. The hotel is very good. The staff are very professional and helpful. The only problem is a heavy traffic around the hotel. So, allow yourselves a lot of time for getting there from the airport!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
JeffreyYuan, 总经理 at Intercontinental Kunming, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2019

Thank you for your stay in InterContinental Kunming. We are glad to know that you have a great experience in here. We always take the “In The Know” as the service concept. We hope you feel at home. We look forward to seeing you again. InterContinental Kunming General Manager Office

Reviewed 20 November 2019

It is Located on Dianchi Lake and away from the centre of Kunming.

Huge Hotel, with appropriate service, and Plenty of space in the Lobby.
The GArden is Great,
and on the Clear Night , you can see the stars.

Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank HongKong1234
JeffreyYuan, 总经理 at Intercontinental Kunming, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2019

Dear guest, thank you for choosing InterContinental Kunming and taking time to share your recent stay experience with us. We are truly grateful to know that you enjoyed an excellent stay experience with us.We all look forward to welcoming you back in your next trip to Kunming.

Reviewed 3 November 2019 via mobile

Beautiful hotel whether on business or vacation. Incredibly large and if walking long distances is an issue, ask for a room closer to the front desk. The restaurant staff should be more attentive. The lounge was quiet and not crowded. Despite a nonsmoking policy, inconsiderate guests smoke in the hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Neozhaoyixiao, General Manager at Intercontinental Kunming, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2019

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at InterContinental Kunming. A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. Regarding the situation that some guests still smoke indoor, we would pay more attention and strengthen management. We hope you will visit us again and we can provide a better service.

Reviewed 27 October 2019

Look no further. Highly recommended.

This seems to be a brand-new property, and it's gorgeous. The rooms are so well designed you just won't want to leave the room at all. My view wasn't spectacular, but I was in the most affordable room available, and the garden below was very nice.

The service was perfect. I don't have tons of points, but I booked through the app as a member and they treated me like royalty. The staff is very well trained and truly kind.

Unfortunately I was just passing through Kunming for one evening, so I can't speak to the location. It does seem to be positioned more as a business and conference hotel than a holiday venue, but when I return to Kunming for either business or pleasure I'll go out of my way to stay here again. One thing I can say about the location is it's in a newly developed area, so the neighborhood lacks the charming street vibe and inexpensive restaurants that other parts of Kunming have.

I had room service - a burger - and the breakfast buffet. Both very good.

Last but not least, this hotel was an amazing value. I couldn't have been happier with the room and experience at the price I paid, which was competitive with hotels not nearly this lovely.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Neozhaoyixiao, General Manager at Intercontinental Kunming, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2019

Dear guset, thank you for sharing your experience with us in detail. We really appreciate your positve feedback of our hotel and it is a great encouragement that you could have a pleasant stay duiring this journey. Our hotel is close to Dianchi Lake and other famous tourism attractions. It is within 20mins drive to the shopping centres such as Park 1903. We look forward to your next visit and hope you can have more time to explore Kunming.

Yours sincerely,
GM office

Reviewed 20 October 2019 via mobile

This hotel is far from the city but about 20 minute walk to Dian Lake. We stayed there for two nights after a week in Dali and Lijiang. Great place to chill before catching the flight out from Kunming. We walked to the lake and watched the seagulls migration from Siberia to Kunming which starts from October yearly.
There are eateries around the Dian Lake area but that requires walking out. We tried the buffet at the hotel restaurant The Market. Good value. At rmb 238 it is all inclusive including wine and beer. The spread is extensive.
Service at the hotel is top notch too. The hotel recognizes the IHG platinum status and accorded is with the benefits. Neil at the check in was very attentive and ensured that we were happy with our assigned room. Special mention to Ivy from the Club lounge too. Knowing that we like macaroons and since the lounge ran out, she made the effort to have her colleague bring us some from another kitchen.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank mptan2015
JeffreyYuan, 总经理 at Intercontinental Kunming, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2019

Thank you so much for your review of InterContinental Kunming. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, we always take the “In The Know” as the service concept. We hope you feel at home. Looking forward to see you again.