Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
US$78
Free cancellation until 12/03/21
Trip.com
Expedia
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 October 2017

This is a huge hotel with many, many rooms. Just waking through the corridors from the lobby to the more far flung rooms can be pretty time consuming. The hotel has a private lake and the scenery is lovely. Ducks and geese wander the lawns and there are enclosures with rabbits and peacocks, something that is bound to amuse young children. The rooms are showing their age as the property does need some minor face lifts.The are however clean and comfortable. The bathrooms are clean but lack amenities so it would be prudent to bring ones personal toiletries along.
The breakfast buffet is sumptuous but largely inclined towards Chinese cuisine. Eggs, toast, pastries and baked beans were on offer as well.
Dragon gate hill and Niier's tomb (the composer of China's national anthem i think) are nearby as well as a large park abutting the main Dian lake.
Free wifi is available and unlike a previous reviewer, while i did not interact much with staff, they seemed reasonably proficient in English.
The pool is somewhat small, abutting a spa of some kind.

There are a couple of other restaurants, but only Chinese cuisine is on offer. The one which was patronised served above average food.

Downtown Kunming is a 20-30 minute taxi ride away at a minimum.
All in a very decent property which can be recommended for a short stay.

Room tip: The 3rd floor rooms appear to be better. Rooms facing the private lake enjoy a better view
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

I was staying at the hotel during a conference. Everything was great, except the receptionist who can't speak english well. However, there was a translator from the conference who help me communicate with the people from the hotel. The strengths of the hotel was the scenery around it. It has a very beautiful lake, some artistic bridges, and many spots for photo session. Unfortunately, because of the wide size of the hotel, every morning from my room (in building 2) to the restaurant need 7 minutes time to walk. The light in the alley also too dark, so, it was rather creepy when you have to walk alone at night. The room is nice, the bathroom is clean, and I got a room with the balcony. It was great spending 3 days there.

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 19 April 2015 via mobile

I stayed here with my colleagues for around 10 days. Plus points are you get a lovely view from your room & there is ample walking space for joggers. Internet speed was ok. Food was good. Negatives are if you don't speak chinese, you might be in trouble. There is a karaoke bar nearby in a 5 minute walk. Overall stay was pleasant.

Date of stay: March 2015
Reviewed 27 March 2015

Probably the worst hotel i have stayed in China so far. I was here because of my brother's wedding. Wow, where do i start : The rooms were extremely dark (Only 2-3 dim lights for the entire room), no staff can speak English here, the hotel layout is confusing (I saw a few lost guests during my stay here !), and the hotel is in the middle of nowhere (Very far from the city centre) The only saving grace of this place is the beautiful gardens. (The 1 star is for the gardens!) The resort also has a tired look about it. As mentioned earlier, this resort is popular with conference groups. If you are not a conference guest, avoid this resort at all cost.

Room tip: Pick a room with a garden view (If you MUST stay here !)
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2015

The looks on the staffs faces said it all as at reception there I was a Caucasian stood waiting to be served. Everyone tried to look busy and I could tell there was a look of, oh no am I going to get the White guy. Luckily for me another guest came to rescue us all as I tried so hard to explain that my reservation started yesterday and that I had 3 nights stuck here. 5 star it is not 4 star, once upon a time, when I was 10 years younger. The gardens and view from lake rooms are fantastic, the bathroom however was not. For the price it was good, it was safe and clean and comfortable. An resort spa of international standing it is not. Would I stay here again never! Would I recommend it, yes if I was a middle aged Chinese couple for domestic weekend getaway perhaps.

Date of stay: March 2015