Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.com
US$117
TripadvisorUS$117
Hotels.com
Expedia
ZenHotels.com
All reviews luxury hotel breakfast buffet hotel room english china bowl foreigners
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 September 2019

Stayed here for a week for a conference and enjoyed it thoroughly. This is a large hotel located in the southwestern part of Kunming. Although technically not the city center, the area is very lively with lots of restaurants and shops in the neighborhood. Consequently, I didn't dine in any of the hotel's several restaurants, although they looked good. The breakfast buffet containing both Chinese and Western fare was excellent, though. There's nothing better in the morning than a bowl of spicy noodles. In the evening, I would visit the bar, which was comfortable and had live music (a Philippino duo playing pretty well) on some nights. The service was very good and friendly. By mid-week, they knew what I wished to have.

My room was superb. It was spacious with kind-sized bed and a very good working area. The bathroom was comfortable and well-equipped. Everything was new and clean. The view, especially at nighttime, was quite nice.

There is an indoors pool and a huge spa, which provides massage and other services. This being China, naturally, there was a group of three stark naked men in the spa sitting and smoking right under a no-smoking sign.

The only occasional challenge was that most of the staff even at the reception had rather rudimentary understanding of English. This may be understandable, given that there were very few foreigners in sight in the city (except for our conference participants).

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank JuhaUitto
Reviewed 12 July 2019

Stay here for 4D3N with my family. First impression is very grand and luxury design. However once I stepped in, I almost wanted to change hotel. The smoker smell is everywhere in the hotel even in the hotel room I still smell it (I am not a smoker). Room design is very grand like Hilton, however you can hear the noise from the corridor. Breakfast here is nice but food run out fast (advise, have your breakfast at least 30min before it closed). Lucky the restaurant supervisor manage to grab some food directly from the kitchen for me (my daughter can't wake up early for breakfast)
Housekeeping staff are well train, English speaking and very polite.
Location is very strategic, near shopping street and local food street.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2019

One of the best hotels in China. Convenient. Excellent breakfast and executive club. Suites are very large. Staff was so friendly and we always found some who spoke English. Very helpful and welcoming.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 28 January 2019

Rooms were fantastic. Great and comfortable bed. The shower was great with awesome pressure. The TV had a few International channels. The pool was warm. The exercise room was very nice several options for exercise machines. Parking was free. Location is tops! Just across the street from a mall and street of shops. We took our family here to warm up from living up in Shangrila. So glad we did it recharged us all. I was bummed that room service didn't run all night. English service was pretty good.

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed 4 December 2018

MODERN
Rooms with every available amenity. Every curtain or blind is motorised. Booked a room with Executive Lounge access which came with free pressing of 2 pieces of laundry.

UNIQUE
Also included were 2 foot spa soaks and 1 complimentary tea ceremony conducted by a butler.

WIDE SPREAD
Buffet Breakfast with different sections.

HUGE
Executive Lounge with a decent spread of food during Happy Hour.

EXCEPTIONAL
Executive Lounge staff named Tiffany who got me a plaster when she noticed a little cut on my thumb.

STRANGE
The bathroom and the bedroom is divided by a partition with a glass window which has a motorised blind. The blinds are see-through! This room cannot be shared by guests who need privacy from each other.

LOCATION
Situated within walking distance of a few shopping malls. An hour's drive from the airport.

CONCLUSION
Highly recommended modern hotel.

Room tip: Check on the bathroom location if you need privacy.
Date of stay: November 2018